joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/4-5/2015 Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beware some drier air eating away from underneath the radar returns on the northwest edge as we get into the aftn hours, lighter snowfall rates after 18z.. Id say 5-7 for the major NYC sites, 4-8 in general north central,  a more general 6-10 to the south/southern middlesex/monmouth southward

:yikes:

dwpt_chg_sf.gif?1425570444293

Forecaster with lowest totals at start of storm rationalizes crappy forecast.  Sun rises in east

Ive gone back and forth on this one, but let's see what the major airports come in with before you call it a crappy forecast.

Im also not rationalizing anything, Im making a nowcast on what could happen this aftn with low level dry air advecting in...For instance, it looks like its pouring snow in Worcester Mass right now on regional radar with 30+DBZ overhead, but it is instead overcast with nothing reaching the ground.

Now go ahead and stick your ruler in the ground horizontally to rationalize my crappy forecast  ^_^

Interesting.  Is that what accounts for radar echoes being more robust than what's falling outside my window?  (Oxford, CT) - been doing this all morning.

Yeah that is whats happening on the northern edge, I'm not sure that will matter too much for our area down here at this stage, but something to watch this aftn.

Archived