• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/4-5/2015 Storm Observations

Rtd208

Be careful declaring heavy bands just by looking at radar because multiple observations of little or no snow in nw jersey and people in lehigh valley saying much less is falling than radar would indicate

There's a reason why the models have much less snow there.

Dry air.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three milestones for NYC (Central Park):

3.4": Would bring March's snowfall to 10.0" for the first time since March 1996

5.0": Would bring seasonal snowfall to 40.0"

6.7" Would make March 2015 the snowiest March since March 1967 when 17.4" snow fell

We are finally getting March cold the last few years which had been lacking especially in years like 2012 and 2010.

Yes and just as the models had drier air modeled in the far NW, they also did not show 8-10" in NYC, soo just keep expectations reasonable here folks even if you already have 4-5".. I'm seeing a lot of reports around me of heavy snow and bigger flakes... Im down at the Battery the flakes are very tiny and its probably 0.75 MI -SN out my window

At work in midtown now heaviest snow of the day and windy with blowing snow. Just beautiful. About 4 inches on the ground. The roads are okay in the city, assuming it was warm yesterday and cause of the March sun. Plus you got a tone of salt in there. 26 degrees outside my job. Beautiful winter day.

Archived