• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Anafrontal Thumpul Discussion 3/5

TheSnowman

I was going based on this. Usually not very accurate when it comes to Snow changing to sleet/rain (lags behind) but not sure how it does on the reverse situation. Per this the R/S is just to the NW, ill let you know if/when I start mixing or changing over. Hope its a lot earlier than 4am..

I guess that looks pretty similar to the dual pol...but I wouldn't say it's racing south per dual pol. 4 am probably a tad late. but Bufkit looked like 3am for HVN...HRRR looks similar...maybe more like 2am. You should be a little earlier. But I think we may need to be patient right along the shoreline.  

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, what does BOX do now?

What I think they should do is issue a WWA for 2-4" because I think it's better to overprepare than have people expecting nothing and make the morning commute a complete disaster.

What I think they do is ride the NAM since they've been conservative from the beginning and there's no good reason for them to change that now.

Well, what does BOX do now?

I'd honestly probably hold pat. I wouldn't feel good about it, but I'd probably feel worse by ripping advisory 3-6 to the pike and hoping it works.

I might increase the snow a bit in the southern zones where I'd have more confidence in the precip being meaningful later on.

What I think they should do is issue a WWA for 2-4" because I think it's better to overprepare than have people expecting nothing and make the morning commute a complete disaster.

What I think they do is ride the NAM since they've been conservative from the beginning and there's no good reason for them to change that now.

Too late now.  Hopefully the NAM is more correct than the GFS for their sake.

I agree.  If we get less than forecasted, they will likely be relieved as opposed to being ticked off.  I would take a blend of the NAM,GFS and RGEM and go with it.

I guess that looks pretty similar to the dual pol...but I wouldn't say it's racing south per dual pol. 4 am probably a tad late. but Bufkit looked like 3am for HVN...HRRR looks similar...maybe more like 2am. You should be a little earlier. But I think we may need to be patient right along the shoreline.  

Thanks. Ill let you know when I start changing over, you shouldn't be too far behind me.

Yes, it is lol.  They had their heavier amounts confined to the very immediate shoreline at 6 pm.  They have brought the heavier stuff way way north since then.  I'm in Southington, so that makes me a lil happier to see I'm within theirs and your heavier amounts lol.  I know, I'm a weenie tonight lol.

03:00  PM 41.9                       04:00  PM 40.8                           05:00  PM 39.8                           06:00  PM 38.0                           07:00  PM 36.0                           08:00  PM 35.2                           09:00  PM 37.1                           10:00  PM 37.1                       11:00  PM 37.1

warming up here

Archived