• Last Reply

Recapping 12z 

KNYC .

UKIE 8 PLUS 

GEM  6 -8

GEFS 6 -8

RGEM 6-8 

EURO 6  

Ratio`s will be good NW so the gradient may not be as tight as we once thought .

ENJOY  , Great turn around from bridge jumping NAM this AM . 

Recapping 12z 

KNYC .

UKIE 8 PLUS 

GEM  6 -8

GEFS 6 -8

RGEM 6-8 

EURO 6  

Ratio`s will be good NW so the gradient may not be as tight as we once thought .

maybe a storm to make all areas happy for a change

Recapping 12z 

KNYC .

UKIE 8 PLUS 

GEM  6 -8

GEFS 6 -8

RGEM 6-8 

EURO 6  

You can't recap without including all of the major models - where's the GFS and NAM?

Guys. I'm not trying to be a Debbie downer. But...many people on here are doing the same thing every storm. We are essentially throwing out the bottom half of the models that are giving us the least snow ( whichever those are for that particular storm), and then choosing the top range of forecasts on the models with the most snow. 90% of storms will underperform what this " forum" projects with this method.

I thought we weren't allowed to post Euro from WxBell? And your first map has all the rain with it. Ugh.

It doesn't matter if it has the rain accounted or not.. I'm referring to the north and west areas specifically.... I'm not referring to the city or anywhere else so everyone can just chill lol

It doesn't matter if it has the rain accounted or not.. I'm referring to the north and west areas specifically.... I'm not referring to the city or anywhere else so everyone can just chill lol

It does matter, if the 0z run had last nights rain included, its not an equal comparison.

Why was my post deleted for saying the nam and gfs were left out...do these models not exist because I see them hugged all the time

The GFS ensembles were included , which should tell you that the OP may be missing something . When it`s own ensembles disagree with the OP and are further N and match the rest of the guidance you include it .

The NAM is alone . 

People need to be careful with the ratio talk in my opinion. Lets call it even with the fact that snow is coming in after rain and that could initially hurt accumulations. I think assuming 10 to 1 is safest bet?

Based on the collection of 12z data, I think I'd put the city proper in the 3-5 category, which is better than my pessimistic 3" call from a couple hours ago.

Anyone expecting 6-8" in NYC is setting themselves up for dissapointment in my opinion 

Turned out milder than forecast currently 46F. Don't know if that means anything but perhaps the cold push will be slower than forecast.

Based on what I've seen I think 2-4" is a good call for the city with a bit higher amounts in C/S NJ. A nice little event to pad our stats as we end the season.

People need to be careful with the ratio talk in my opinion. Lets call it even with the fact that snow is coming in after rain and that could initially hurt accumulations. I think assuming 10 to 1 is safest bet?

Based on the collection of 12z data, I think I'd put the city proper in the 3-5 category, which is better than my pessimistic 3" call from a couple hours ago.

Pretty reasonable. 8" would be a coup for NYC. I personally see about 3-5". It could be more if best forcing ends up 30-50 miles north. I think 2" is low benchmark for NYC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. Euro is later with the change over now around 6-7am 

Without moving too much with the ups and downs and ups that seem to occur over just a 12 hour period, I'm still sticking with the same 4-7" from a day ago. 4-7" for the NYC/NENJ/LI areas, and 7-10" as you head south into CNJ/parts of SNJ....looking good still

Agreed. The two keys to the forecast is if that second wave bumps north more, and how fast we changeover tonight. High bust potential either way. With this winter, what else is new?

Turned out milder than forecast currently 46F. Don't know if that means anything but perhaps the cold push will be slower than forecast.

Based on what I've seen I think 2-4" is a good call for the city with a bit higher amounts in C/S NJ. A nice little event to pad our stats as we end the season.

Means practically nothing that we are at 46. We'll get the front and when we do, we'll drop. Many times right before fronts, warming will be higher than forecast do to the southerly flow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived