joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/4 - 3/5 Post-Frontal Snow Chance

Capt. Adam

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the GFS total precip... I'm sure people are gonna attack me for saying this but I don't see 4-8" area wide... GFS looks 3-6" tops, less North, more South... to me and saying 4-8" is once again misleading....remember ALL of this precip doesn't fall as snow...

It's 4-6 on Sv maps...less north by you. Prob sleet included

Guys  this was 50 and Rain 7 days ago .

If 3 to 6 falls and you called it 36 hours out , please don`t pound your chest .

Some of you are so late to this threat then want to take credit for seeing " 3 to 6 " 

Where were some of  you guys 5 days ago ? Nowhere . So please turn it down . 

With the first wave shifting North and the Second wave shifting South, someone in the middle is going to get screwed

Or the first band is a touch colder and the second a hair north, then you'd get pretty universal amounts, it's a TINY screw zone (it's not like a transferring coastal where you know for sure someone's getting screwed) but we'll see. Either way, I'll sign up for the 3 inch "screw zone" any day.

Or the first band is a touch colder and the second a hair north, then you'd get pretty universal amounts, it's a TINY screw zone (it's not like a transferring coastal where you know for sure someone's getting screwed) but we'll see. Either way, I'll sign up for the 3 inch "screw zone" any day.

Most people around here don't think like you though.

I know that if everyone around me got 6-8" and I had 3" I would feel shafted.

With the first wave shifting North and the Second wave shifting South, someone in the middle is going to get screwed

The reality of the situation though with the two waves being so close is that if wave 1 goes north so should wave two, the first wave isn't a dynamic system that would pull the boundary south, if anything it slows it up and keeps it north, it's possible the models are having trouble again because of two different features following so closely.

The reality of the situation though with the two waves being so close is that if wave 1 goes north so should wave two, the first wave isn't a dynamic system that would pull the boundary south, if anything it slows it up and keeps it north, it's possible the models are having trouble again because of two different features following so closely.

Well if that's the case then all bets are off, I never really understood why the models were pushing the second wave so far South. It's not like you have a strong blocking high to the North or a -NAO.

Well if that's the case then all bets are off, I never really understood why the models were pushing the second wave so far South. It's not like you have a strong blocking high to the North or a -NAO.

I think this is what happened with the overnight snow 2 weeks ago, every model was 50-75 miles too far south with it at 6-12 hours out because a system had preceded it.

Archived