amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
3/4 - 3/5 Post-Frontal Snow Chance

Capt. Adam

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't think so - Lee Goldberg just showed the same precip loop with very little snow (I mean, like close to no snow, not the 3-4" on the CRAS, by my eyeballs) shown from maybe Lambertville to Perth Amboy and points N of there.  

thought those short term models were useless outside of about 18 hours, no?

Maybe this belongs in the vendor thread, but I was happy to see that Lee went with 4-8" for the NYC metro and 6-10" for Central Jersey, basically ignoring whatever model projection he was showing.  Seems odd to even show the model, then - why show so little precip on a model and then say it's likely to move north and ignore the model output and go with 4-8"?  I usually like Lee, but he blew this one badly.  

Interesting that people are now bringing up the RPM - had some interesting discussion about this last night and a few posters said Channel 7 uses the RPM for their future cast, which was showing essentially no snow at all south of about a Lambertville to SI line.  And USCGRS said that producers "made" them show the futurecast even if the mets, like Lee, thought it was crap - and he did, since he still predicted 4-8" for most last night.  And now it's north?  WTF is going on? 

Interesting that people are now bringing up the RPM - had some interesting discussion about this last night and a few posters said Channel 7 uses the RPM for their future cast, which was showing essentially no snow at all south of about a Lambertville to SI line. And USCGRS said that producers "made" them show the futurecast even if the mets, like Lee, thought it was crap - and he did, since he still predicted 4-8" for most last night. And now it's north? WTF is going on?

The model can shift north and vary wildly run to run, and one of these variations may be correct or close to the general consensus, it doesn't make it a good model.

The model can shift north and vary wildly run to run, and one of these variations may be correct or close to the general consensus, it doesn't make it a good model.

Exactly. But, I bet a lot of TV mets love it when it actually shows consensus, that way they can show it and it jives with what they are talking about. Instead of showing it and then explaining why its wrong.

Archived