joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/4 - 3/5 Post-Frontal Snow Chance

Capt. Adam

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm under an advisory here so of course the maximum snowfall I can receive here is exactly what the NWS says I'm going to get, and not a flake more.

FACT. just kidding obviously - never understood why people cared about the semantics of advisory vs watch vs warning... 

FACT. just kidding obviously - never understood why people cared about the semantics of advisory vs watch vs warning...

This is true. Probably goes along with the idea that many people would rather jackpot and receive 7", than to receive 10" when others get 15".....or, being a snow lover and living in an area that gets 250" per season but have no one with a similar interest to share it with via social media/forums, etc. It's probably because even though we all do love snow, once you get too deep into the numbers game, it becomes just as much about being the best and for "the show", as it is for the love and enjoyment of weather

Because schools and employers are less likely to close or be lenient with delays or other attendance issues or need for work from home if there is no warning in place.

My job has a simple policy when it comes to inclement weather. 

We close for nothing, make it here when you can, even if it takes you 3 hours each way, you're expected to be here.

That's what happens when the CEO of your company is a 90 year old former Marine.

Nws is spot on, 6"-10" is a good call here imo..

Here is the p&c forecast

• Rain before 10pm, then sleet between 10pm and midnight, then snow after midnight. Low around 23. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 5 to 10 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
  • ThursdaySnow. High near 27. North wind 11 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Not much difference with the updated version, pushed the changeover back an hr..

• TonightRain before 11pm, then sleet between 11pm and 1am, then snow after 1am. Low around 23. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 5 to 9 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
  • ThursdaySnow. Temperature falling to around 21 by 3pm. North wind 11 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
  • Thursday NightSnow likely, mainly before 8pm. Cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 7. Wind chill values as low as -7. Northwest wind 13 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Hey guys off topic but i'm really pulling for this storm because i'm moving to FLA this summer tracking thunderstorms i guess. 52 yrs  of winters and aching bones ,well time to move on but i will be here in spirit . Worked outside in the elements way to long so i have peace with the decision now come on storm do your thing. This winter still has some juice in it up till st. paddys day maybe a little longer so we have time. see ya 

My job has a simple policy when it comes to inclement weather.

We close for nothing, make it here when you can, even if it takes you 3 hours each way, you're expected to be here.

That's what happens when the CEO of your company is a 90 year old former Marine.

Hey try being in the actual military when it comes to inclement weather . Good luck getting a day off then Hahah.

Hey guys off topic but i'm really pulling for this storm because i'm moving to FLA this summer tracking thunderstorms i guess. 52 yrs  of winters and aching bones ,well time to move on but i will be here in spirit . Worked outside in the elements way to long so i have peace with the decision now come on storm do your thing. This winter still has some juice in it up till st. paddys day maybe a little longer so we have time. see ya 

I've enjoyed your posts over these many years...SEEYA!

Archived