Newest Member
    joxey
3/4 - 3/5 Post-Frontal Snow Chance

Capt. Adam

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gfs_asnow_neus_13.png

looks like N of the city gets the jackpot here.....and yeah, that snow hole persists in NE NJ.....Though we can dismiss it, it's happened in most storms around here, so I wouldn't doubt it ;)

I'm not dismissing it! I knew about that 7 hours ago, just telling the member its paid maps that I was given Info for.

I'm in Sloatsburg, which is 35 miles northwest of NYC in rockland county and we are siting at 45 degrees with light rain right now

The second the precip come in , you will cool and then once the 850s get S of you , you flip fast  .

Just a point for reference.

When everyone is saying south of New York, are you talking KNYC I.E. the reporting station, or south of the actual end of New York, I.E. south of Staten Island.

Living in Staten Island, and we often vary significantly from KNYC at least what the zoo keeper reports......

Radar does look very juicy out west. We may not changeover until early tomorrow morning however. Those few hours will make a big difference and totals could be a good deal higher the faster the snow kicks in.

I agree we need to watch wasted precip. It's warm in the city right now and it will take more to cool here then in the burbs. This happens allot this time of year. I could see the city loosing allot of the early precip. Once the cold air moves in it woulnt matter but then the question is what's left.

I like 5" at cpk and 7" at my place in wantagh

Archived