Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb. 26 Storm DISC+OBS

Ellinwood

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't bet on a closing, maybe a delay. I suppose they might be shy after the January 4th debacle though.

You can almost bet on optional telework/unscheduled leave, and perhaps a delayed arrival.  We've gotten those for far less than what we're expecting tomorrow morning.  I'm sure there will be 2-hour school delays too, but hopefully no cancellations (though would not be surprised if there are, especially counties to the south of DC).

All you need to know is....schools will close tomorrow. Gov will be on delay or unscheduled leave/twork. We've been through this enough to know the drill by now. 

Predicting delays/closures is the best part about small snowstorms, it is so unpredictable, one will at least screw up with the wrong call.

Am I wrong in thinking the general consensus in almost all the models is about .25 QPF right now for immediate DC?

That would be near the high end.  Most guidance is less. 

The RGEM ensembles now have a couple of members that give DC nearly 0.3" qpf.  FWIW, the high-res RGEM gives about 0.1" to Baltimore and 0.15" to DC.

I think 1-2" IMBY and 1-3" in DC sounds reasonable.

Archived