joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb. 26 Storm DISC+OBS

Ellinwood

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything is coming north. Surface low is deeper so more dynamic and more expansive precip, better vort etc.

994 just off of OBX is impressive. When I was looking at the ens members a couple days ago, all the sub 1k's off of obx brought precip here. Weaker and further se didn't do it. It's like a best case scenario is playing out. 

I'm not surprised by the poleward trend the last few model runs. We see this almost all the time with a southern stream vort max. Its poorly handled in the southwestern US and when it ejects, the models are too quick to weaken the feature.

Another thing that is a positive sign, little to no convection in the Gulf of Mexico! This means the best moisture flux is going to go directly into where the best mechanical forcing for ascent is associated with frozen precipitation. I'd say these juiced up amounts the last few model cycles are the real deal, but it could also mean more WAA so perhaps cutting down amounts on the southern side of where the winter storm warnings are located.

This is just a gorgeous satellite image.

Dpun1I1.png

From Phil up in Albamy who is very respected. Not sure if you know him but when I lived in CT this guy was always on the money. Figured it would make the mid Atlantic peeps a little more pumped up.

RAP isn't that aggressive, through 6:00am, Baltimore and North is shut out, DC has about an inch. Also

Consistent on a Raleigh NC jackpot. Has been trending south with Precip for the most part. Can't say Euro is right.

um, don't put the RAP near the end of its run to the Euro

nothing is absolute, but it is often a mistake, not to mention the rest of the guidance trending some

994 just off of OBX is impressive. When I was looking at the ens members a couple days ago, all the sub 1k's off of obx brought precip here. Weaker and further se didn't do it. It's like a best case scenario is playing out.

Yes and the low is deepening at its closest approach. I like what I'm seeing here.

Northern edge was tougher than the southern edge... equal risks of busting high/low on the north side. Euro shift was nice, but I can't bring myself to bite.

attachicon.gif20150226-27_MAsnow_final.png

lol

I'm always in or just out of your 1-2" bands, and when I wasn't last Monday, I didn't get the 4-8" you forecasted

I'm NOT busting on you, I'm just complaining more of MY location      :(

Archived