• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 25th-26th Winter Storm OBS

superjames1992

NAM being much wetter is no surprise given its wet and overamping bias as well as its track being further north, which I don't buy. I am thinking at least ~0.75" average for ATL-AHN corridor with up to ~1" reasonable possibility. 0.75-1" is plenty big.

Oh i agree completely that i think it's too wet, as is usual and it's more like 0.75 to 1 as well.  I should have mentioned that.  However i do think there is potential for higher totals in any strong banding and/or convection.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM being much wetter is no surprise given its wet and overamping bias as well as its track being further north, which I don't buy. I am thinking at least ~0.75" average for ATL-AHN corridor with up to ~1" reasonable possibility. 0.75-1" is plenty big.

I certainly imagine some people in the northern/mountain counties will make the most of that 3/4"-1" liquid liwith 6-8" of wet snow. TWC just showed a snowfall graph for Marietta...33% chance of 0, 1-3", and 3"+ :yikes:

if you only got 4 that would be really surprising. I feel like you will probably get closer to 10. The only limit is amount of precip, not temps where you are. higher models seem to want to focus a strong band right along i-85. really feel like something special is on the way for the 85 corridor.

as for here, completely clouded over and 31. already virga on radar over ga.

lol i think you are right.  i was being pessimistic - looks like should be a bit more than 4".  i am also a paranoid georgian who knows that if anything can go wrong on a ga winter storm it usually does.  cloudy and cold here, the thought of snow falling on snow is hard to grasp.  looking like a monster winter storm about to hit a LOT of us in the se

its about time :)

Archived