joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 25th-26th Winter Storm OBS

superjames1992

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sleet at GT. It's coming down. Temp of 37, DP 26, RH 61%.

Good to see sleet down south of here, I'll tell you this, if our temps verify just a degree or two warm and we get shut out, it sure will be a real shame....I mean look at the SE radar, it's ridiculous......there's gonna be a ton of snow out there for some.  For areas that remain on the cooler side, you're looking at some nice totals.  35 here, precip isn't far away, for us in the northern suburbs, we're probably gonna know how this is going to pan out here in the next couple of hours.

- Buck

Reports of sleet just south of Augusta, GA in the band setting up along I-20.  Its moving my direction so I will be able to confirm shortly.

Was only rain by the time it made it to downtown Augusta, but the radar returns also diminished before reaching me.

Nice shot Cheez....hopefully you can hang on to the sleet for the duration.  Won't take long to accumulate with the rates that'll be coming in.  God I hope we're far enough north.

I continue to wonder if a number of us end up getting a nice sleetstorm out of this instead of getting much snow.

However, sleet is often only a transition.

Nice shot Cheez....hopefully you can hang on to the sleet for the duration.  Won't take long to accumulate with the rates that'll be coming in.  God I hope we're far enough north.

The airport is now all rain, lightened up here now, may switch over soon. That is probably it for me. More than I expected actually.

My precip. in Dunwoody started as sleet at about 1:40 PM with 36.9. So, is this just a transition to rain (like is often the case) or will we be getting a good bit of sleet during this storm (aka Tony special)? The wedging now showing up is making me wonder.                                   

I continue to wonder if a number of us end up getting a nice sleetstorm out of this instead of getting much snow.

I suppose it's possible.......the further and further along we go the more worried I am about this panning out.  It's hard to see anyone south of I-20 getting anything from this, it's just too dang warm.  What I'm afraid of is that it seems that with all of our winter storms, you get one or two big model jumps anywhere from 24 to 72 hours out that put to rest any chance of a winter storm.  This storm didn't do that.....HOWEVER.....what it did do was make a million tiny NW jumps that I'm afraid will equal one of those larger jumps when all is said and done.  Basically, it lured us to sleep gradually with possibly the same old outcome.  I hope I'm wrong, but until I see accumulating snow, I've become pretty skeptical.  Please tell me I'm wrong :yikes: .

- Buck

My precip. in Dunwoody started as sleet at about 1:40 PM with 36.9. So, is this just a transition to rain (like is often the case) or will we be getting a good bit of sleet during this storm (aka Tony special)?

I think it will be just in transition areas in this storm without a strong CAD signature.

My precip. in Dunwoody started as sleet at about 1:40 PM with 36.9. So, is this just a transition to rain (like is often the case) or will we be getting a good bit of sleet during this storm (aka Tony special)? The wedging now showing up is making me wonder.

It's going over to rain for sure, the question is for how long, may be 2 hours may be the rest of the storm, the column is going to be so borderline it'll depend on a billion factors

Larry - do you think it will transition to rain in Sandy Springs/Dunwoody area before the snow finally arrives?

*Edit* Never mind - I see Snow Goose's comments above...

Archived