joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - Early March 2015

MAG5035

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll take 3" and run with it. It's certainly been a solid late winter for the far southern PA/DC folks.

DC maybe, but southern PA no. We are average at best right now at Millersville. This should put us just above average for the year which I'll gladly take. Winter was brutal starting off. Baltimore is doing better than southern PA

DC maybe, but southern PA no. We are average at best right now at Millersville. This should put us just above average for the year which I'll gladly take. Winter was brutal starting off. Baltimore is doing better than southern PA

IIRC Harrisburg is doing better than Lancaster. That Saturday squall and that one rush hour home deathband we had are the difference I'd guess.

I'll take 3" and run with it. It's certainly been a solid late winter for the far southern PA/DC folks.

I'm not happy. The 9" line (pink) on that Euro snow map curves up out of Franklin county, gets most of Adams and York, and then suddenly dips south at the river entering Lancaster. I live right in that dip!...

...and I'm really not that unhappy. It's just a computer graphic that's fun to look at.

I'm not happy. The 9" line (pink) on that Euro snow map curves up out of Franklin county, gets most of Adams and York, and then suddenly dips south at the river entering Lancaster. I live right in that dip!...

...and I'm really not that unhappy. It's just a computer graphic that's fun to look at.

Maybe the river effect snow will kick in, ramp up your numbers :)

LMAO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IIRC Harrisburg is doing better than Lancaster. That Saturday squall and that one rush hour home deathband we had are the difference I'd guess.

It's possible, but y'all should be doing a bit better. I feel bad for y'all tbh. You guys seem to get the short end of the stick on these southern waves more often than not. I just want a 93 redux so everyone can be happy. Is that too much to ask? :D

Anyone that says that Lancaster has done well this winter...well, they don't live in Lancaster. They've been missed in EVERY direction.

Yep, just average, but a good dumping this week will make up difference. Think too many remember last year where we did fairly well.

11 inches imby. I'll call that a hold for this neck of the woods. Maybe some bands sneak further north and get our Harrisburg guys with some good snows.

best news for those of us here may be that we are one of first in southern tier to changeover... I would certainly be happy with hitting 4" here to be my biggest snowfall of season when all is said and done so if it is more than that I will be even happier!

On a side note, should someone start a new thread since this one is over 1,000 posts before we get into observations tonight?

best news for those of us here may be that we are one of first in southern tier to changeover... I would certainly be happy with hitting 4" here to be my biggest snowfall of season when all is said and done so if it is more than that I will be even happier!

On a side note, should someone start a new thread since this one is over 1,000 posts before we get into observations tonight?

It's fine to just let this thread go until everything winds down tomorrow.

who has good luck?

Looking at that radar I'm just super bummed it stretches from Ohio to C. Texas and all of it is going to miss us. Incredible streak of moisture.

Nice subtropical connection (water vapor loop is awesome). Nice convection (thunder and lightning). Best moisture plume all year.

It's possible, but y'all should be doing a bit better. I feel bad for y'all tbh. You guys seem to get the short end of the stick on these southern waves more often than not. I just want a 93 redux so everyone can be happy. Is that too much to ask? :D

Although I'm not taking any class this semester and I'm home, I do hope you guys up at Millersville cash in with at least 6". Many of my friends are itching for a big one and have been really frustrated all winter.

Archived