• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 25-26 Discussion/pbp

Wow

Robert is a good met but hugs the NAM a little too much IMO. Look for the NAM to end up being over amped and too far north (slightly) than the "main" models

That may be the dumbest comment I've seen in a while. The NAM seems to handle ULL's the best overall imo and when it has support from the other major models you roll with it. And I'm sure he's using a blend of other models on certain specifics. BTW he and the NAM were spot on for this mornings event in NE Ga and upstate SC.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That may be the dumbest comment I've seen in a while. The NAM seems to handle ULL's the best overall imo and when it has support from the other major models you roll with it. And I'm sure he's using a blend of other models on certain specifics. BTW he and the NAM were spot on for this mornings event in NE Ga and upstate SC.

Robert has a great record with ULL events. He nailed 2009 and 2004. 

Funny to read some of the panicking going on...it's like a condition with an impending southern winter storm......the 24 to 48 hour panic attack.  For the most part everything looks on track, the GFS came in a little north but still not in line with the NAM.  For us north Georgia posters, this has the classic look that most of our storms have....if you live north of 285, you'll most likely be fine and may be in the best spot with the heaviest rates that will still be all frozen.  Lesser south of I-20 and if you live on the southside of 285, you may be in some trouble.  We've seen this play out a thousand times here in NE Georgia, albeit with a few exceptions.  I do like the NAM "controversy" for lack of better words... just about everyone on here makes fun of the NAM unless it benefits them.

- Buck

At home here I will likely get screwed again- probably just a few miles too far south, just like every system this winter, However, I have most of the day to do a short road trip, will probably head up 75 or 400 or 85 into that nice sweet spot of heavy snow. I will go to the snow if it does not come to me.

Than I say- bring on severe season!!!!

Funny to read some of the panicking going on...it's like a condition with an impending southern winter storm......the 24 to 48 hour panic attack. For the most part everything looks on track, the GFS came in a little north but still not in line with the NAM. For us north Georgia posters, this has the classic look that most of our storms have....if you live north of 285, you'll most likely be fine and may be in the best spot with the heaviest rates that will still be all frozen. Lesser south of I-20 and if you live on the southside of 285, you may be in some trouble. We've seen this play out a thousand times here in NE Georgia, albeit with a few exceptions. I do like the NAM "controversy" for lack of better words... just about everyone on here makes fun of the NAM unless it benefits them.

- Buck

Yea its one of the best models when it comes to ULLs regardless of what others say! It is right more time than not on these type storms.

At home here I will likely get screwed again- probably just a few miles too far south, just like every system this winter, However, I have most of the day to do a short road trip, will probably head up 75 or 400 or 85 into that nice sweet spot of heavy snow. I will go to the snow if it does not come to me.

I feel the same way..I feel like I'm going to be 10-20 miles South of all of the action...something just does not feel right anymore like it did 24-36 hours ago. I don't feel confident.

If you wanna come to CLT and need a place to crash let me know. 

Funny to read some of the panicking going on...it's like a condition with an impending southern winter storm......the 24 to 48 hour panic attack. For the most part everything looks on track, the GFS came in a little north but still not in line with the NAM. For us north Georgia posters, this has the classic look that most of our storms have....if you live north of 285, you'll most likely be fine and may be in the best spot with the heaviest rates that will still be all frozen. Lesser south of I-20 and if you live on the southside of 285, you may be in some trouble. We've seen this play out a thousand times here in NE Georgia, albeit with a few exceptions. I do like the NAM "controversy" for lack of better words... just about everyone on here makes fun of the NAM unless it benefits them.

- Buck

Just about everyone on here makes fun of every model unless it benefits them. In my 5 years on here I've seen every model get trashed when it didn't show what people wanted. Thursday morning there are gonna be happy people and prolly a ton of sad people. Always happens that way.

Watch out for those crazy Atlanta drivers.......we'll be on the Hamilton Mill C.C. golf course on Thursday morning hopefully! :sled:

what part of Atlanta are you in?

I've seriously never seen such an insanely compact snow accumulation gradient. Wow.

that is nuts. the 06z rgem had that bullseye over me but if it doesn't look like it will be cold enough here or there will be a changeover, i'm heading to at least gainesville.  I think they are pretty safe overall to stay all snow.

After 13 years around this part of the internets...

Very simple answer is 24 or 12 hour rule. 

Do not, I repeat do not let you level of excitement increase until either 24 or 12 hours before the event. This might be a 6 hour event for me.

Just enjoy the ride and try to get pissed off when the brown shows through. 

Just about everyone on here makes fun of every model unless it benefits them. In my 5 years on here I've seen every model get trashed when it didn't show what people wanted. Thursday morning there are gonna be happy people and prolly a ton of sad people. Always happens that way.

I'm wondering what the now recent snow cover will have on temps for tonight and tomorrow. Still below freezing at my house in Gwinnett.

Steve - I wouldn't think it would have too big of an impact in 24 to 36 hrs., but hey, every little bit helps.  Looks like you and I may be in the real sweet spot for this one unless something disastrous happens, but we're in the range where model noise may be more likely than major shifts.  That being said, we are in Atlanta, so we should probably wait until it's falling to get excited.  Gotta love the RGEM....it's consistently held on the the bullseye all over the areas to the NE of the perimeter.

- Buck

GFS and RGEM crush jobs for the I-20 Corridor between ATL and BMX. 4-6 with isolated 8+

But god it's so close, this will be epic one way or another, either an epic paste job or an epic shaft. I've been in the jackpot zone for a couple days now, can't believe it is still jackpotting me.

Pulling for you Marietta! I live close to Hartsfield so I'm not expecting much down my way, will be interesting to see where the line sets up!

Archived