joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 21-22 Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry bud...South Winds will get us every time in the boundary layer. It was still a fun thump of snow for a few hours. Enjoy it while it's still snow, sleet line moving north.. Maybe it will hold a little longer for you.

It was easy to see coming-deep southerly fetch storms almost never work out near the coast (there's a storm back in 2005 that I can think of as one exception to that but there also wasn't a huge high out over the Atlantic helping with the south fetch). But actually, there was more snow up front than I thought there would be-seems just about everyone made it to 3" if I'm reading things right. I thought the southern beaches might not even make it to 2". 

Same here but dendrites are very crappy and sleet is imminent.

Dendrites are nonexistent...its plenty of needles and other poorly formed flakes that dont add up easily..here in hoboken still snow and probably nearing 4" eyeballing my last walk outside just now...flakes recently started getting a little bigger, changeover imminent on radar of course...ice gonna be an issue for a while here, still 32 in cape may

The mix line may stall like ag3 said but it's def not retreating back down south dude

This is the first event this winter where it came in faster than expected, I probably did not give the south flow as much credit as I should have, the other events had a high more to the north, hence why the RGEM was likely too fast on those and this is the first event its been too slow...not bad though, its basically off by 1 hour right now.

Archived