joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weekend Mixed Bag of WTF storm thread

Ji

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like about 4-5" not bad. Looks like I'll be listening to Pandora while plowing Pandora!

it looks like a much more menacing storm that Tuesdays Turd. At least we could see some heavy periods of snow and then some ice to mess things up

850 and 900 are a tad toasty....if it's heavy I guess it can stay snow...we need rates!!

Whats the saying, heaviest snows come where you can smell the rain? I think we will be smelling the rain lol. And I hope NWS doesn't give us a warning because everytime they have, it never turns out well and gets downgraded anyways.

What do the red targets/regulars think about the timing of the 850 and BL 0 C line advancement depicted by the models? I've heard that models under estimate persistence of CAD here but this isn't CAD. Yet this is also pretty unprecendented and fresh cold being displaced, but if you've lived in the plains you know that even extremely cold air isn't that hard to move if there is no downstream blocking. To me I think the models could be off by 4-6 hours on either side. Or do people think the models have a good handle on this?

Archived