Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Weekend Mixed Bag of WTF storm thread

Ji

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn, gfs is nearly 2" of qpf for dca for the event.Torrential rain after the flip.

we get as much snow as we can then hope for as cold as we can get during the deluge. The ground is super cold. I've seen heavy rain smack down on a 6 inch snowpack for hours and leave 4 inches of snow at 36 degrees. Question is, how mild do we get during the heavy rain phase? I know I am in a BAD BAD location for warm air coming in from the southeast  :axe:

But --- Consolation for me is Marylanders get a massive thump of snow, and with luck, some zr and sleet then no rain. THAT outcome for MD would make 50 inches of rain in Dale City worth it

Was the February 2007 system a cad event?

I'm wondering about that little snowstorm that could too. That was late February and the airmass was pretty marginal even for late Feb. I'm guessing the Low associated with the moisture just wasn't powerful enough to scurry out a weak cold airmass

I'm wondering about that little snowstorm that could too. That was late February and the airmass was pretty marginal even for late Feb. I'm guessing the Low associated with the moisture just wasn't powerful enough to scurry out a weak cold airmass

different pattern...we had HP and a block...low went to chicago...temps were right at 32....great storm

Amen my brother.. I find most pleasure in watching it fall

Plus we'll replenish the whole pack with the blockbuster season-ender a couple days later. think positive ppl! Plus a day in fifties even a rainy one will be a welcome relief after this clusterf* of frigid days

Archived