Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Weekend Mixed Bag of WTF storm thread

Ji

Amen my brother.. I find most pleasure in watching it fall

It's a jacked up pattern and banged up event. I expected mostly if not all rain until recently. Worrying about keeping snow cover seems pretty silly. I'll enjoy the F out of Saturday if we get pasted and turn my head the other way when things go above freezing

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a jacked up pattern and banged up event. I expected mostly if not all rain until recently. Worrying about keeping snow cover seems pretty silly. I'll enjoy the F out of Saturday if we get pasted and turn my head the other way when things go above freezing

Who really cares all that much about having a snowpack around forever anyway? It's pretty the first couple days (or less if you're in a city) but then it becomes hideous and a pedestrian nuisance. Not to mention all the salt all over the place. Plan on spending the day outside Saturday to take it all in. Bring a camera

Well, we know that LWX has a fetish for the Euro so maybe if Euro projects large snowfall totals tonight and if 6z runs continue to show a snowier solution, maybe we will get put under a watch or warning.  If not, a high advisory for 3-5 inches l is pretty much guaranteed later on in the day.

Really?! I get that it's sniffed out stuff but could really have better verification scores than the GFS and EURO?

For verification scores it's generally #1 Euro, #2 UKMET, #3 GFS, #4 GGEM.  It has been that way for a while.  But every event is different (and as Bob Chill points out, global verification might not be the same as local verification).  UKMET and RGEM had been doing well this winter, then they were two of the worst models for predicting qpf on Monday night (UKMET too high, RGEM too low). 

Archived