joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow/ice storm disco Feb 21-22

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll take a few inches and then some rain. Lock it the fook up. 35 degree rain ain't gonna do much to the pack.

Only a select few are worried about a drop in an already immense pack.  Not me.

This still looks like a 32-40F snow/rain/snow storm for most.

The pack I already have isn't going anywhere till April.

Well look at that. NWS BOX map has "Hey RI..... Eat my BOX". And just north of it like usual, 4-6. Great. Still have never gotten to a 31" Snowpack while many of you have had over 40" and this could be the end for me.

There was def. a CJ component to this season, but thankfully not as prevalent as it was in 1994.....thus I just squeeked into my record depth.

Your lack of latitude was also a bit of detriment.

This storm seems like it will have about the same impact, accumulation-wise, as the Jan 24-25 storm almost exactly four weeks ago: 4-6" snow, ice rain. Of course, at that point, the 4-6 inches doubled what we'd had to the winter at that point. A month later, even a couple of inches would put BOS over 100 (after a ho-hum "oh look it's snowing again" 2.4 yesterday).

I wonder if the obs thread will be longer this time (liquid on roofs) or shorter (not 15"+ so meh).

FWIW: BOS has now had more snow in 30 days than MSP has ever had in an entire winter.

This storm seems like it will have about the same impact, accumulation-wise, as the Jan 24-25 storm almost exactly four weeks ago: 4-6" snow, ice rain. Of course, at that point, the 4-6 inches doubled what we'd had to the winter at that point. A month later, even a couple of inches would put BOS over 100 (after a ho-hum "oh look it's snowing again" 2.4 yesterday).

I wonder if the obs thread will be longer this time (liquid on roofs) or shorter (not 15"+ so meh).

FWIW: BOS has now had more snow in 30 days than MSP has ever had in an entire winter.

Everytime I look at this I find more and more historical records, simply amazing combo. The blowing and drifting continues, very deep drifts covered parts of my commute this morning, Siberia like stuff.

I made that comparison last night I believe. Seems like this one may be a smidge warmer than that system.... And the cold over performed in that one to a degree as well.

Wouldn't be shocked too see a few (2-3") here, also wouldn't be shocked to see a very little before the rain hits

Archived