• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow/ice storm disco Feb 21-22

Damage In Tolland

From looking at the individual panels at 850 925 surface and QPF, I think that's too light on those borderline areas. I only have 6 hour maps so it's difficult to say for sure(Maybe someone with 3 hour maps can chime in?), but those maps generally underdo snow in marginal situations and overdo it in very cold storms and I think that's what's going on here.

Agree 100% 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From looking at the individual panels at 850 925 surface and QPF, I think that's too light on those borderline areas. I only have 6 hour maps so it's difficult to say for sure(Maybe someone with 3 hour maps can chime in?), but those maps generally underdo snow in marginal situations and overdo it in very cold storms and I think that's what's going on here.

Most snow maps are actually the opposite, showing a too snowy look in marginal situations. We saw that a ton earlier in the season.

The people who have access to other Euro maps can compare ti mine but this is what I see.

attachicon.gifgetimg.jpg

Nice hit for the Gulf Stream off the coast of VA!

Expecting 3-6 Saturday night followed by some wet flurries or light rain on Sunday then a solid freeze up on Monday. Overall, this is great for the snowpack and will give us more durability when we actually start to warm up. Should be some amazing spring skiing come April

I don't necessarily disagree.  It did poor a week ago with the marginal temps.  Not a high confidence setup to me.

Most snow maps are actually the opposite, showing a too snowy look in marginal situations. We saw that a ton earlier in the season.

I'm incorporating local climo into my thoughts, though....late in the season, so long as the mid levels are good, this area cleans up. 

If you look at many late season snowfall maps, it's almost as though there is an appendage of the ORH hills jetting out to the ne...into interior ne MA.

I'm incorporating local climo into my thoughts, though....late in the season, so long as the mid levels are good, this area cleans up.

If you look at many late season snowfall maps, it's almost as though there is an appendage of the ORH hills jetting out to the ne...into interior ne MA.

Oh ok. Yeah I just know those maps see to run like if H85 is freezing or lower it prints snow. So in situations of BL or mid level warming, it puts heavy snow too far south. Those maps did that every time earlier in the season with all those marginal set ups.

So does it have the 2nd wave Sunday night or more like squalls / anafrontal stuff with arctic front?

...Me, fanning the flames.  Something for Kevin to run with:

Allan Sandt whats up for sunday..should i get the sand bags and pump ready for basement
Like · Reply · 1 · 10 mins
  • 7579_557667620933539_260348221_n.jpg?oh=
Meteorologist Ryan Hanrahan Trending colder - looks more like snow/ice.

Like · 3 ·

Archived