joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow/ice storm disco Feb 21-22

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You honestly think he'd say..Kevin did a nice job or anything like that? I mean I don't really care..but for him to admit that ..well there's a better chance of looking up in the sky to see pigs flying.

Just glad we were able to contribute to the learning of the forum

Good guess...congrats

No one except the cape goes above 0 at 850 through hour 72. BL issues from NWCT -NEMA then, but everyone except the cape/south coast is solidly advisory snows on this run. All snow from the Litchfield hills - northern ORH - extreme SENH and NW, but everyone is basically 3-5 only difference is that se of that line finishes with some rain.

Heavy wet snow or fluffy as currently modeled?

The former I think, or at least wetter than our most recent events which were pure fluff. No 30:1 ratios here.

I'll gladly eat my words if this transpires as a snowstorm for all and will send kudos Kevins' way, 

It's all good Kevin.  I've been enjoying this "battle".   :gun:

It's like when a teacher has to give credit for a correct solution to a math problem even though the written out way he arrived there involves hearts and stars and the wrong equation.

No one except the cape goes above 0 at 850 through hour 72. BL issues from NWCT -NEMA then, but everyone except the cape/south coast is solidly advisory snows on this run. All snow from the Litchfield hills - northern ORH - extreme SENH and NW, but everyone is basically 3-5 only difference is that se of that line finishes with some rain.

The former I think, or at least wetter than our most recent events which were pure fluff. No 30:1 ratios here.

I'm not at all worried about the BL out here past rt 128 with a weak system and ssts in the mid-upper 30's. 

If this were Decemeber, I'd :axe: this, but not now.

The people who have access to other Euro maps can compare ti mine but this is what I see.

attachicon.gifgetimg.jpg

From looking at the individual panels at 850 925 surface and QPF, I think that's too light on those borderline areas. I only have 6 hour maps so it's difficult to say for sure(Maybe someone with 3 hour maps can chime in?), but those maps generally underdo snow in marginal situations and overdo it in very cold storms and I think that's what's going on here.

The people who have access to other Euro maps can compare ti mine but this is what I see.

attachicon.gifgetimg.jpg

Looks like 1-2 lollies to 3 for areas SE of that line and away from the immediate south coast/cape. 0z run was essentially nothing for anyone less than 20-30 miles NW of that line, so at least in my book, it's a pretty decent improvement.

Here's last nights 96h panel.

post-238-0-86498300-1424370270_thumb.jpg

Archived