• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow/ice storm disco Feb 21-22

Damage In Tolland

starting to think this was a mock-polar warm sector all along...

The cold intrusion over the next day or so never get enough time to modify significantly enough before becoming return flow, such that it's rotted polar air and still containing frozen partial thickness.   

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You honestly think he'd say..Kevin did a nice job or anything like that? I mean I don't really care..but for him to admit that ..well there's a better chance of looking up in the sky to see pigs flying.

Just glad we were able to contribute to the learning of the forum

Congratulations on not using any meteorology for the forecast and getting a lucky break! Big props! 

I love having the East Bay Bike Path in my back yard. :D:D:D

And Angelina's coffee, but now I'm dangerously off topic. Not a chance we won't lose a lot of snow here... Looking forward to midweek and hoping rather than expecting for things to get a little cooler on the trend. The sun is getting much more intense, when the clouds broke up today everything softened and melted immediately. As cold as it will get tonight, that sun can't be fought forever, so today is for skiing.

As cold as it will get tonight, that sun can't be fought forever, so today is for skiing.

Keeping with the Rhode Island theme, I'm amazed by the amount of ice on the Narragansett bay.  Definitely not in danger of "freezing over", but large sheets were forming up until today's high winds seemingly cleared all the ice to the shorelines.

Actually everything I duscussed yesterday as to why I thought colder would win was meteorological. You rely way way too much on models verbatim and it hurts you at times

Kevin, the snow pack is not why this low is weak now/suppressing SE.

There's no debate -

If you discussed any other reason other than snow pack, than perhaps those points would bear scrutiny. 

Actually everything I duscussed yesterday as to why I thought colder would win was meteorological. You rely way way too much on models verbatim and it hurts you at times

:lol: you said the high would be pressing in and that's not what happened.

The system is faster and weaker, so it still warms up but most of the overrunning precip is done by then. Had it been a slightly stronger system it would've been slower and pumped heights out ahead of it enough for mix or rain.

:lol: you said the high would be pressing in and that's not what happened.

The system is faster and weaker, so it still warms up but most of the overrunning precip is done by then. Had it been a slightly stronger system it would've been slower and pumped heights out ahead of it enough for mix or rain.

Go back and read what I really posted

Archived