Newest Member
    joxey
Snow/ice storm disco Feb 21-22

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What sense does it make?

When mid level warmth approaches from the sw, if anything this area does better than w MA.

Perhaps I'm getting my layers mixed up but all the "warmth" with this system is below 850 mb and mostly centered around the 925mb level.  I don't see you doing better than W MA in this setup.

For the first time this winter I jack with QPF and it's mainly rain!!  Areas a few miles north of me in Middletown and Portsmouth, RI could get an inch or more of snow outta this but I'll be lucky to get a slushy coating with south winds.

That last slush storm we got some of the best QPF as well.  Hurray :(  Hoping more than expecting that something interesting develops for tue/wed.

You honestly expect marine taint from the ocean south of NE??

That is akin to expecting marine taint out in w MA.

I don't I am saying much differently than you. (thou I am at work and can't check in often)

I see this as a SWFE but with the caveat of a High in a piss poor position so the flow is more Southerly, thus winds off the ocean south of SNE will be warming things more,  primarily from S to North. This warmth I expect to get north of the pike and change things to rain similar to what the Hi-Res nam shows. So with S-N changeover the further North the better. Also, When you get far enough West the Southerly or SSW flow is  mostly over land (SW CT W/CT  Berks) as well so they really wouldn't have any issues in BL where as areas to the east would gradually warm boundary layer from S-N after a decent WAA thump. I don't see temps in the Harbor (Bos) really having much effect either way given winds are not ESE/E/ENE. I'm hoping things can trend toward a lighter S Flow and slow any warming.

Perhaps I'm getting my layers mixed up but all the "warmth" with this system is below 850 mb and mostly centered around the 925mb level.  I don't see you doing better than W MA in this setup.

Like I said, if the warmth is coming in from the sw, regardless of what level it is at, I don't see why low elevations to the west should fare much better.

Elevations, sure....

Archived