• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
February 16-17 Storm Threat

WxUSAF

I like you as well :-). I'm leaving the slider on the table still. Not sure how the northern shift can be taken seriously yet...we have flip flopped day after day.

Yea but how often do the models completely fail 48 hours away. And it is every single one of them but the NAM giving us at least 3".

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't you say earlier it would be even further south and east though?

I was just kidding with the Sheboygan line :-). Trying to throw a little humor into the mix. I'm really baffled by these extreme shifts. Tomorrow's runs will be telling. Let's see if we can go two consecutive runs with advisory to warning snow.

Is it me or does the new GFS lead the way in model trending in many of these storms then fumbles to the Euro who then scores the TD? At least that's what I'm hoping

From what I've seen, it's as if they switch verification scores for these types of systems depending on lead times. As I commented in the deleted thread, it seems to me like the 1-2 day leads have improved on globals while 3-5 day shifts have become more notable. Don't quote me, but those are my prelim obs

That's my worry. It seems like all the models have had serious trouble handling the pieces for this event. Negative and positive trends have been playing seesaw. What gives me greater confidence is that we now seem to be dealing with the first wave, which comes in much sooner. We're pretty close in now.

48 hrs out and Euro/GFS/GGEM/UKIE somewhat consensus (amounts differ but idea is generally the same). If we were 96 hrs out, another story completely.

Need for what he is a great guy and i love his presence here but he said if he is wrong he will apologize, and i really want a big storm. I was being nothing but nice.

I really want a big storm to. It's been a frustrating winter. If I'm wrong I'll issue a statement. I've been wrong before and forecasting has humbled me many times. For my line of work Im always edging and communicating uncertainty and given the area we are in am more in line to be more cautious. For this one I went out on a limb. We haven't had a system work all season, why would it change. Still not a good pattern.

I really want a big storm to. It's been a frustrating winter. If I'm wrong I'll issue a statement. I've been wrong before and forecasting has humbled me many times. For my line of work Im always edging and communicating uncertainty and given the area we are in am more in line to be more cautious. For this one I went out on a limb. We haven't had a system work all season, why would it change. Still not a good pattern.

I agree with your points, but sometimes you just need a seamstress for it to all work out  ;) . Good luck at work Monday night :).

Archived