12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February 16-17 Storm Threat

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have access to Euro maps, but judging by the pbp and qpf numbers being discussed it seems like we have wiggle room in case things tick SE a bit. It'll be interesting to see if the GFS and other models come in a bit more amped over time. I know the euro can over amp things in the medium range, but I don't really recall it leading the way consistently in qpf in the short range.

48 hours isn't medium range. We basically have consensus with the globals. Now it comes down to how much. It's going to snow. The range is 2-9". I'm pretty confident we don't suddenly fall out of that range.

Ill be extremely disappointed if we have to go through more of up and down tomorrow. The Euro is now within NAM range of the storm. I have never seen it give us 1 inch(00z last night) to 8 inches(00z tonight) so close to the start of the storm. I would like to think the big shifts are over but every time i get comfortable, a different disaster happens. I hope tomorrow is a fun day where every run adds like .10 or something. This has been top 3 bizarre tracking storm i can think off.

No, I know. I was trying to say that the euro can over amp things in the 72-120 range, but it is surprising to see it kind of lead the way in throwing that much around inside 48. Recently at least, it seems like other models lead in that regard for better or worse.

I'm very happy with the trend and am also confident that we'll snow, but I would like to see more consistency before feeling confident over how significant this is.

Hope that made sense.

Makes total sense. Euro is the high end solution and the setup isn't .75-1" kind of deal. Sound logic would say we look good for 2-4/3-6. With a nice cold air mass. How can anyone complain except for Ji?

Ji's post sums it up. There have been some pretty wild changes with the models. It is almost as if every 24 hours a run is about the opposite in terms of our sensible weather, even though timing and differences with upper level features are relatively small (timing, etc.).

It is much better that we're seeing a move in a better direction this close in. No doubt about it. We just need it to not seesaw the other way lol. I'm sure there are a lot of people in here tonight (guests in particular) who will set their bar with this one run. I would caution those folks against that. We're much closer to game time but we still have a ways to go imo.

As with any storm (regardless of winter and snow) there is an aha moment with the operationals. Tonight was the first semblance of that. We can still fail but big spread amongst the ops stopped tonight.

Archived