• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Super Snow Sunday 2/15-Party Like it's 1717

40/70 Benchmark

OT but wegman's has great wine prices and selection. Always a pre storm visit.

Well if we go by the rule of Mondays this ones coming.

Indeed; also tends to be a madhouse though. The good patrons of that store have no concept of "other people" and with the floor plan they've got down, the mill-abouts tend to gum up the works terribly when Daddy just needs a little bacon.

I think you toss out the "rule of Mondays" until/unless the key features needed for the show -- better ridging ahead and/or some sort of pull back as it bombs out -- come into play.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean this is OT but that seems like a "fear "based perspective . And i use that word very lightly. But it could go an infinite amount of ways .

It could trend east then come back west . It could shift very slightly (leaving you still crushed) or it could trend further and brush us or even further and miss. But it will be the starting point five days out that gives you the most snow on Average per try. Anyway sorry for OT

Well depends on how you look at it. Tough to hold a robust solution for 5+ days, but I don't think anyone means something from 25" to 5" or something like that. Personally, I think the ceiling for this is limited anyways, but my point is that those that seem disappointed on it not showing 12+" probably should not be. Maybe that's what I am trying to say.

Hah, ... clearly, folks won't be happy unless they are buried under a veritable avalanche... 

I wonder if this will be like that freaks 2003 bomb that was supposed to get us good, but then in the last 2 to 3 days of modeling ... it was too far E, and slammed into NS at 948mb or some crazy thing... 

Hah, ... clearly, folks won't be happy unless they are buried under a veritable avalanche... 

I wonder if this will be like that freaks 2003 bomb that was supposed to get us good, but then in the last 2 to 3 days of modeling ... it was too far E, and slammed into NS at 948mb or some crazy thing... 

2004  White Juan

We are buried under many mini-avalanches!

Hang your hats on the JMA, big hit. GEFS look very good as well, although they did show a nice clustering yesterday for the Friday storm, which is now looking like an example of them being both precise and inaccurate

Euro ENS will come in with a huge signal, 18z GFS will crush, and 'll tell you what...

Quick question for you Pros!!  When you talk about up stream and down stream, in regards to the above map are you refering to the left and right side of the trof showing there?  Sorry for the newb ? just trying to understand.  Thanks

Think of a river of flowing water.  Same analogy in the atmosphere.  

nice looking s/w but slp seems too far east, need to go back up to Halifax

Seems fine to me, the entire system belly flops into the western atlantic so it ends up like a fat guy flopping into  the skinny end of the pool....makes a big splash and leaves a big hole, but there are no real winners and everyone ends up feeling a little sick.

Archived