• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Mid FEB through March Threats/Snow Storms

mitchnick

Yes, I realized that looking at totals this morning. We got lucky with 8 inches here but not everyone did so apologies. Hopefully we can all cash in next time.

I wish you got 12 inches. I got 4, I am happy, that is climo for me in one storm. Now we just need to get Wes, Noreastericane and others some  decent snows.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I realized that looking at totals this morning. We got lucky with 8 inches here but not everyone did so apologies. Hopefully we can all cash in next time.

Hey its weather. Don't apologize lol. We have a geographically and clmatologically diverse sub-forum. Most NW of I-95 were not happy this past Tuesday morning, but it was great over here. Yesterday was suckish here. Thats life. Generally we don't get area wide snow events in a less than ideal pattern like we have this winter.

Looking more and more like if we don't get something in the next 6-7 days that it's going to get really tough. -PNA looks to be for real and not transient. Makes sense. We had a +pna since early Jan except for 1 short break. That's already an unusually long period. I might get on the warm train early this year.

This thread is becoming a disaster. Bsck to crap I guess

Kind of feels like the end is close as I am watching some serious snow melt going on right now. Doesn't feel like this March will be like last March. Either way, if I don't get any more at least it was a decent finale at my house.

Regression to the mean suggests March will not feature weeks of 20 degree

negative departures.   This winter has been streaky, just like baseball.

Boston got into 30 days of snow on snow.  We got into 30 days of cold on cold.

Blame it on the Pacific.  The Atlantic seems to have forgotten what a NAO looks like.

Looking more and more like if we don't get something in the next 6-7 days that it's going to get really tough. -PNA looks to be for real and not transient. Makes sense. We had a +pna since early Jan except for 1 short break. That's already an unusually long period. I might get on the warm train early this year.

I would have liked to have seen yesterday be snow from beginning to end but the daytime snow was enough of a score to where Im probably feeling the same way. Week or two left and if we don't get anything im ready for spring, if not already. Wasnt a boom winter but wasnt a total bust either. I had three 3-4"+ events and a rare squall.

This winter's a classic case of "be patient" for DC/Baltimore, and why it was funny for people to cancel it left-and-right before January even ended. 

Yes.. hard to freak out too much before February shows itself esp given we weren't way down as a whole. If Dec had been at all snowier...

This past 8 day stretch is something though for this late.. I was impressed.

Yes.. hard to freak out too much before February shows itself esp given we weren't way down as a whole. If Dec had been at all snowier...

if we had just gotten that Dec 21 snowstorm that the euro teased us about for 3 days...it would of been a good winter

Archived