• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid FEB through March Threats/Snow Storms

mitchnick

For u guys thinking this has a chance, i'm curious to what you think is the top potential. I think 2"+ in dc/bwi is near miracle status.

Wes may do half decent if it comes north. I'm rooting big for him.

This is what LC just said:

If that closed low in Ontario is deeper and a bit more west, then shortwave #2 comes north up the coast. ECMWF and UKMET should have best handle on Wed/Thurs sequence.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For u guys thinking this has a chance, i'm curious to what you think is the top potential. I think 2"+ in dc/bwi is near miracle status.

Being that it's 3 days away, I'd go with 4-6" as the MAX potential.

When you go top end, you have to go huge, so says LWX.

Yea, that's the part that sucks nflwx. There's nothing to ignite an expansive precip shield on the nw side. Track is very good if there was some stream phasing. It's going to be compact. Probably too compact. I never expected much so no biggie.

The next wave is more interesting because there is a little piece of ns energy scooting down. That alone could get us an inch or 2.

If Wes does half decent that means I'd do more than half decent... LWX only has mostly sunny in my forecast the rest of the week.

Bob, feel those of us down around EZF may have a chance at maybe 1-3 which would be nice. I'm only about 4.5" away from Climo for the year, trying to get there any way I can....

I agree, Bob.  The full phasing potential with this system is low, thus we should not expect a juiced up system that drops 6"+ region wide.  While it's not truly a southern slider, it has that feel as the northern stream will shear the top of the storm and boot it out to sea.  We are getting close to game time for any big shifts, but as we know a north trend with the precip shield should not be unexpected given the raging + AO and NAO.  I see Richmond doing okay in this type of setup.

How far North do you think could see an inch possibly?

If we're talking about Thursday night, yeah 2" of cold powder for DCA would be a miracle.

Anything measurable at BWI would be miracle status....

That didn't work out well for him on the last one.

I don't get this.. I wasn't even really talking about the storm with that comment. Every other post I made was not bearish on the event. I guess I'm a big deal since I have trolls now. 

wouldn't take a whole heck of a lot of a change to get some qpf into DCA/BWI....in fact, the next panel would probably show some light stuff into our area

EDIT: light stuff as in 2"+

always bet on a north trend even when it's meteorologically impossible. 

Archived