Newest Member
    joxey
Mid FEB through March Threats/Snow Storms

mitchnick

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Precip shield is a decent shift. Brings 1/10 to my backdoor

watching on sv since it's fast not sure they even have radar. definitely better.. not way better, but keeps things interesting. no real confidence with the kicker situation but still think 500mb should bring the low further north.. maybe as much as VA capes area.. how west or east dunno, and evolving.. but... worth watching.

Is it the h5 stuff over Missouri that's hurting this?

not necessarily but where it is and how strong it is probably impacts the amplification potential of this one. honestly i just started really paying attention to this one today so am not up on the evolution of the multiple waves run to run. this has some sneaky potential imo tho. the nam is the nam but shoot you speed up that backside energy a bit initially and you might even have something big lol.

Decent hit for southern and western VA, then the coastal takes over and the western flank dies. However, I don't buy the NAM and SREF when it's on it's own.

Hug the rgem that model has been on the ball lately. Absolutely nailed this past storm for my area. Nam was terrible last storm but this is a different setup.

we will, but it's not in range for our area yet....almost for you down there tonight[/quote

Mitch, not sure how I feel about this storm brother. I can definitely see seasonal trends make a bunch of us happy but this is a very volatile setup with regard to if that thing can stay closed as it keeps trucking and if it can go negative a tad earlier. It did trend northwest a bit with the precip field tonight but it's the damn nam so who knows.

As Bob noted time is an issue. I mean realistically we are wishing a 1-3 or so to us. Anything else would probably be a model bust we will talk about for a while and those don't happen in this range much anymore.

Archived