• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid FEB through March Threats/Snow Storms

mitchnick

In smaller events 1-3" the SREF mean seems pretty decent verbatim, from what I've seen, however, my rule of thumb with moderate or larger events is to take about 60% of the total SREF mean inside 36 hours and you'll be pretty close to reality.

srefs, from what I saw, were always pretty good for the NE blizzards this year, in the "olden days"

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kinda getting a bit close for a reverse bust. We need to get scraped with the 0z op runs. Or at least so close we can taste the flakes. If the too far south solutions hold tonight, it's close to fork time. 

I'd give it until 12Z tomorrow

recall last weekend it was Saturday 12Z that the Euro came around to the UKMet 1st wave idea pn Monday with around .25" qpf

iow, 48 hrs. is probably it...probably?

I'd give it until 12Z tomorrow

recall last weekend it was Saturday 12Z that the Euro came around to the UKMet 1st wave idea pn Monday with around .25" qpf

iow, 48 hrs. is probably it...probably?

UKIE should be interesting tonight... hopefully it will keep the idea of a SLP near OBX on the 12z run

Members MBP1/MBP3 skew the mean just a lil bit (both near 10 inches of snow)... there are a total of 8 members above the mean of ~3 it would appear

A lot of NWS guys seem to love SREF but I think it's partly the idea of SREF rather than what it is. I do think it has more purpose as a fine detail tool in the short range or a decider on something if you are seeing some disagreement on those kinds of things. In theory it should be like a global ensemble at range but each member is inferior to the NAM (lol) and the short term models have always been prone to huge run to run changes once outside the early part of their runs. Someday...

Members MBP1/MBP3 skew the mean just a lil bit (both near 10 inches of snow)... there are a total of 8 members above the mean of ~3 it would appear

I hear dark green has the best verification scores.

Archived