joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 31-February 2nd Superbowl/GHD Blizzard Version 2.0 Part 4

Chicago Storm

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm at 13.5" here in Taylor. Most snow I've seen in my life. DTW will likely surpass the storm on December 18-19,1929 with 13.8" and February 28-March 1, 1900 with 14.0" placing this storm at #4.

Next record to break is #3 March 4-5, 1900 with 16.1" which is still possible.

I doubt we'll touch December 1-2 1974 with 19.3"

So cheers for Detroit's #3 snowiest storm!

I think DTW is likely at or around 13.8 now if ratios have remained as they were earlier in the storm. Hard to say without an update.

I'm only 4 miles away from the airport, so yeah. With the way this snow has been falling the last 30 minutes, we're probably closing in at 14".

We're still barely holding on to some returns as the dry slot closes, some bigtime 30dbz+ stuff is around Lansing is closing in on the DTX CWA.

that trowal feature looks great. wouldnt be surprised if we see another 2-5 before this thing shuts down entirely. 

I agree. I said on another forum I expect widespread 2-4" with some weenie spots of 5" or so. I think that would probably put DTW at 15-17" depending on where they're at now, so it would make for something for the history books. :lmao:

I agree. I said on another forum I expect widespread 2-4" with some weenie spots of 5" or so. I think that would probably put DTW at 15-17" depending on where they're at now, so it would make for something for the history books. :lmao:

DTW is around 14 inches is what Im hearing, so yeah. that would put them between 16-18. Wow. 

Archived