joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Post super bowl storm Model discussion

UlsterCountySnowZ

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TEB flips to heavy rain on the HRRR by 7am. HPN stays all snow (heavy) through 8am

bufkitprofile_2.png

hrrr_current_ne_1.gif

That looks good to me. I think there is a period were it rips snow even on the south shore . Like 2-3" an hour stuff and thats how we get to 4". Similar to last febs front end dump. Difference there will be slightly less snow on the south shore 4 instead of 7 and allot less on the north shore 5 instead of double digits. I'll be up all night doing snow removal on the upper west side so I'll give a play by play for those that sleep through it

the way that cold is coming south it might be better to nowcast rather then to look at models.seriously these temps might hover around freezing all day it tomm it seems,especially if you live in upper manhattan and the bronx..i expect more then 5-7 inches by my area,depending how deep and strong the colder air is coming in and how long it can erode out which i doubt will happen at all.

the way that cold is coming south it might be better to nowcast rather then to look at models.seriously these temps might hover around freezing all day it tomm it seems,especially if you live in upper manhattan and the bronx..i expect more then 5-7 inches by my area,depending how deep and strong the colder air is coming in and how long it can erode out which i doubt will happen at all.

I would not be shocked if this took place. This high and PV mean business. Models always struggle with CAD situations.

For those interested in the forcing behind these precip totals, I made some new frontogenesis maps based on the HRRR that should be updating hourly. Substantial forcing at 925 and 850 hPa near NYC by 12z.

http://www.atmos.albany.edu/student/ppapin/hrrr.php#diag

The thermal gradient is going to allow for it to rip in and around the area.

This game is gonna get ugly fast if the Pats go up 14-0, the Seahawks could not score on my beer league team right now.

what was that? Lol

lol, good game so far - love seeing hard-hitting defense, although the Pat may really regret that INT near the goal line. Go Rutgers-North!  (Pats have 4 guys from RU on the team)

lol, good game so far - love seeing hard-hitting defense, although the Pat may really regret that INT near the goal line. Go Rutgers-North!  (Pats have 4 guys from RU on the team)

Assuming this one stays this close the Pats would be 6 for 6 as far as playing entertaining superbowls, it would be remarkable that if they end up 4-2 after this game and its close that they never once blew an opponent out.  And they played 3 teams they probably should have blown out too in the Giants twice and Carolina.

FWIW, I have a sneaking suspicion NYC and south may ultimately just dryslot after 13Z or so...assuming the cold air could hold longer than I currently expect this event could be entirely frozen...There is really no pronounced precip shield right now behind the main precip shield in front of the surface low.  NYC and nearby areas are also in a perfect position based on low track to dry slot as well. 

FWIW, I have a sneaking suspicion NYC and south may ultimately just dryslot after 13Z or so...assuming the cold air could hold longer than I currently expect this event could be entirely frozen...There is really no pronounced precip shield right now behind the main precip shield in front of the surface low. NYC and nearby areas are also in a perfect position based on low track to dry slot as well.

Most short terms have NYC and LHV dry slot big time as this thing pulls out... We got a lot going against us lol

On most models, NYC essentially gets a wall of snow/rain/slop for 6-8 hours before it heads east. By 15z it should all be over. 

NAH HRRR RAP RGEM NAM are all 4 to 6 - HRRR and RAP change over at 5 am .

Its Minus 8 at 850 right now .

KNYC will accumulate bud before it flips

Assuming this one stays this close the Pats would be 6 for 6 as far as playing entertaining superbowls, it would be remarkable that if they end up 4-2 after this game and its close that they never once blew an opponent out. And they played 3 teams they probably should have blown out too in the Giants twice and Carolina.

Pure Banter and even off topic here. Lets see if the mods delete it like they did with the attacks against Pamelas sexuality last night.

FWIW, I have a sneaking suspicion NYC and south may ultimately just dryslot after 13Z or so...assuming the cold air could hold longer than I currently expect this event could be entirely frozen...There is really no pronounced precip shield right now behind the main precip shield in front of the surface low. NYC and nearby areas are also in a perfect position based on low track to dry slot as well.

I've been on the dry slot train, as well.

Archived