Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA & the fringes - January 2015 Part III

Atomixwx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also impressive is that the NAM gives State College a sub-zero day Sunday. Ranges from -12 to -2 or so! 

so how low does everyone go by the time it's all and said and done by monday morning, cumulatively speaking? and will record lows be broken?

my thinking, pretty similar to the last couple of days, -8 AVP and IPT, -5 in UNV and SEG, wouldn't be surprised by a -10 in N38 (Wellsboro). wind chills, rather Minnesota-like in the -25 to -35 range when all is said and done.

as for the records, monday morning would be most likely. but things will get awfully close.

24 hours ago we were worrying about warmth and potential mix/rain taint...now we get absolutely nothing. :lol:

Isn't weather fun? ;)

10/-2 at Millersville. This wind is unreal. Wind Chills down near -10 on higher gusts. And Sunday looks unreal for cold. Might be one of the coldest I've ever experienced with wind chills down to -20 at times. Saturday could unleash some pretty awesome snow squalls. Bring it on!

Well that de-escalated quickly, guess we'll see if it comes back in time.. still 5 or so days out.

Saturday clipper still looks feisty with potential squalls and perhaps a solid period of snow prior to frontal passage. Could be advisory worthy for the west and north, with 1-2" possible elsewhere. Don't think the ferocity of Sunday's cold is going to be overrated this time.. we're likely to see readings comparable to last years nasty cold shots Sunday and Sun Night. 

Isn't weather fun? ;)

10/-2 at Millersville. This wind is unreal. Wind Chills down near -10 on higher gusts. And Sunday looks unreal for cold. Might be one of the coldest I've ever experienced with wind chills down to -20 at times. Saturday could unleash some pretty awesome snow squalls. Bring it on!

a tad windy in Millersville last night :) me the dumb azz forgot a coat. i wasn't happy when i walked out of jacks. It was a treat coming up 283 as well, its been a long time that i've had to worry about being blown off the road.

Euro a big fat swing and a miss for next week.

Speaking of swing and a miss...baseball time!

i am sooooo ready, i have a lot of hope for my Pirates this year.

9 this morning in Summerdale.

speaking of the cold for Monday, if i recall from yesterdays models, it showed about a 6 hour stretch of negative temps and or single digits, to me this morning it looks like the cold and single digits start late Sunday stretches into Tuesday morning, is that right?

yeah, i would love to be in York Beach or Ogunquit this winter!

Ahh....Ogounquit Maine...one of my honeymoon destinations...many.........many moons ago.

Perkins Cove is a panoramic postcard in any direction.  

Need to get back their....after the glaciers melt.  

Nut

We can't give up on next week.

Just last night, the Euro and GFS were bringing us near 1 foot.

We have been through model shifts countless times over the years with

Storms coming up from the south. I wouldn't throw in the towel

until Sunday or Monday.

There is a piece of energy around Baja that is cut off from the flow.  When the models were showing potential for us this energy was pulled back into the flow just ahead of when energy starts to dig in the west from Idaho to Arizona.  The 0z runs last night look to leave this energy a little behind and the track of that digging energy is more Idaho to New Mexico so in combination with everything else going on the low ends up off the coast. 

High wind watch for a good bit of Susq Valley for Saturday into Sunday with gusts up to 60 mph... we really don't see this that often here and when we do it is usually with spring like cold fronts going mild to cold and not cold to even colder.

while i realize suppression may lead to depression around here.  I'm just not ready to throw the towel in until Sunday night for the mid week storm.  All year weve been watched storms "come back" north.....way north... inside 48-72, so anyone standing on the edge right now really needs to take a step back for a bit.  the blocking isnt in place for this one to buck the trends of the season, so why bet against the pattern.  The benefit here is we have fresh cold air to keep this from heading west.  JMO's.

Nut

Archived