joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Med Range Discussion days 3-10 pbp II

buckeyefan1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol.. let's keep it where it is, I'm sure it's too far south. The correct solution is something stronger that turns to rain like the euro ensembles.

I was just messing with you.  There is still quite a bit of precip to come through post 144 with what looks like a secondary wave back in Oklahoma and Arkansas.  Probably turns to rain at some point, but the chances of a front end thump have gone up this afternoon instead of down, which is a very good thing................

That would make many of us really happy. Funny thing is this would be a snow flurry to the Boston folks.

I posted the precip still yet to come after that map in the TN forum btw if you guys want to check it out.  I can also tell you the surface temps are crazy wedged in at 144 with upper 20s in northeast GA, and mid to upper 20's in much of SC, and YIKES, mostly mid 20's in much of NC, upper teens and low 20's in the mountains!!

I must have clicked on a different hour.  The 2 meter temps in NC at hour 144 are in the upper teens north to lower 20s for MOST of the state.  Pretty crazy with that slug of moisture just to your west.

I know it's inconsequential for most of us on the run, but the 18z GFS' LP was way S/E of the solution it had at 12z. It also means that the CAD regions like here get a solid 0.1-0.2" ZR before going over to rain.

EDIT: Looks like snow to start on the 18z GFS, actually, then ZR, then RN.

The UKMET looks good, so let's go with that. ;)

I know it's inconsequential for most of us on the run, but the 18z GFS' LP was way S/E of the solution it had at 12z. It also means that the CAD regions like here get a solid 0.1-0.2" ZR before going over to rain.

EDIT: Looks like snow to start on the 18z GFS, actually, then ZR, then RN.

The UKMET looks good, so let's go with that. ;)

Has the UKMET (so far) been the most stable of all of the runs though?

I just took a look at 850mb temps per 12z UKMET.  Uh oh.  Warm for a LOT of us.  Could be a ZR storm for many.

So, it looks like Ukmet is producing about 0.5" of ZR for many I guess.

Can't exactly say.  We don't have the best maps at all.  NC is definitely cold enough for snow until it starts turning up the coast.  I'm not even sure what's going on behind when the precip really blows up in AL/GA.

Archived