Newest Member
    amirah5
Winter Med Range Discussion days 3-10 pbp II

buckeyefan1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

does a wet cad mean cold rain?

Yes. Or do we get a lot of winter storms with big SE ridges? That's what the GEFS and EPS show day 9+. The EPS was a step backwards for any day 6-8 potential. It's still showing something off the coast but it's not as good as its previous runs. But the GEFS has been way better this winter for events.

Yes. Or do we get a lot of winter storms with big SE ridges? That's what the GEFS and EPS show day 9+. The EPS was a step backwards for any day 6-8 potential. It's still showing something off the coast but it's not as good as its previous runs. But the GEFS has been way better this winter for events.

We know , after 9 days , we jump right to summer

I'm going to enjoy my last week of winter !

How many issues have we had with the SE ridge this winter?

Here's my actual take on the situation.  We need the Winter weather to happen between Monday-Saturday.  After that, things are going to go down hill quickly to be able to get anything.

At this point with the way the GEFS looks (members all over the place.. dry, wet, warm, cold, etc) and the EPS barely being saved on the snowfall map by a CAD event at the very end between Sat-Sunday...

I literally call a 50/50 chance.

To be honest I've lost confidence in the EPS.  There have been several times this winter the Op and EPS have shown a storm or certain setup only to lose it the next day.  A good example of this is Tuesday of next week.  I really like the pattern for next week and our chances for a storm, especially late week.  What the EPS shows or doesn't show doesn't affect my thoughts.

To be honest I've lost confidence in the EPS. There have been several times this winter the Op and EPS have shown a storm or certain setup only to lose it the next day. A good example of this is Tuesday of next week. I really like the pattern for next week and our chances for a storm, especially late week. What the EPS shows or doesn't show doesn't affect my thoughts.

100% agree. I get sick of people worshipping at the altar of the EPS. It has made some monumental shifts, even at short range, this season.

100% agree. I get sick of people worshipping at the altar of the EPS. It has made some monumental shifts, even at short range, this season.

It's no joke but the NAVGEM has been better than the Euro OP and EPS, it's been awful in the short/mid/long range, just awful.  Still feel like we will get something days 5-8, it would be unlucky if we didn't.  To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if suppression is an issue for us on this one though.  With this potential we need something strong, the ATL to CAE people may do better with this potential.

post-2311-0-37521400-1424466155_thumb.pn

I think the 18z GFS broke the board! It looked nice , multiple wintry threats! GSP even speaks on something wintry off and on , from sun night- Wed, basically

Our firewall decided to randomly block a ton of people, including our security service IP which took it down for everyone.  

Our firewall decided to randomly block a ton of people, including our security service IP which took it down for everyone.  

Hey it's up, but on real fast broadband, it's taking a long time to load still. Dial up speed. Not complaining - but ya'all may want to check out your ping or something.

Phil

Delete - Working great now!

Not all of that is snow though. It turns to sleet for the upstate, but this far out who knows really. Still a lot of details to work out if there is a storm. Some areas would get destroyed with freezing rain.

CAD is impressive with a 1042 HP in the NE. Take a look at these 2m temps.

gfs_T2m_seus_32.png

I want my sleet and temps in the teens! Like NC on Monday , so I like that look, the wedge is probly underestimated, like the last one, and most every one!

Looks good although I'm hoping it'll go back to keying on the prior wave ala the GGEM.  We'd have HP cover the entire northern half of the US with way more snow coverage .

If this past storm were to tell us something, then I'd think the first wave will the the big one.

Looks good although I'm hoping it'll go back to keying on the prior wave ala the GGEM.  We'd have HP cover the entire northern half of the US with way more snow coverage .

Yep, agree, playing with fire after Friday.

Interesting GEFS has several members with light overrunning event Monday night. NAVGEM had it. UK hints at it too.

Recall that the Fab Feb storm last year came with a retreating HP offshore. Of course, we also all changed over to something other than snow until the magical ULL came through on the following day. At least a lot of us didn't change over to plain rain like the DC area did (though they got 12"+ of snow).

The bad March ice storm also came with a retreating HP, too, for that matter.

Archived