12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Winter Med Range Discussion days 3-10 pbp II

buckeyefan1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So just to be clear your saying everything keeps getting pushed back yet your taking a pattern collapse as gospel

Ok......

LOL...did I say everything? The pattern breakdown isn't getting pushed back, the models have been showing March 1st give or take for several days now. And no, I didn't say there wouldnt be a winter event in the SE next week, just simply said by next weekend the pattern is breaking down so if something is going to happen it better be before then.

Edit: And just like that the euro shows a big cutter next weekend, LOL.

Yes. We've had a few...but they are rare. Stop trying to ignore the fact that we might not get a system next week. Odds are more favorable to not get one then to actually get one. 

I am not ignoring anything. I was just asking if that has happened. But it seems like a lot of folks think the look for next week is good. For the most part the models have been showing something for next week until that last run of the Euro. But of course, that could change for the worse or better. 

Euro looks fine to me.  Suppressed with a lot of cold high pressure to the north...this isn't PV dropping / arctic outbreak suppression...storm track is in the gulf and off the SE coast on the Euro...not far off...good pattern

Doesn't that though make a NW trend less likely? 

The bolded...it's not super cold, super NW flow, dry

Dunwoody. I'm glad you're not giving up on a nice sleetstorm for next week! It is quite possible imo. Very cold Feb/Nino combo equals a win usually. Keep hope alive.

Why give up?  The models have proven year after year, they don't know what's happening most times, outside of a few days, if then, and climo says frozen can happen here up until April something.  It's best to just look outside from time to time, as nature has a way of doing what it wants, despite our attempts to corral it...or maybe to spite us, lol.  There is always much gnashing of teeth, and rending of garments, but that just leaves you toothless  and naked :)  And, I'm past the age where I would have found sledding naked to be appealing, lol.  T

Euro not picture perfect and people start jumping? Just loop through the 00z and tell me why you don't think we'd pop a good low out of this at some point. This is a great pattern and the fantasy storms throughout the winter that never happened were usually alone and by themselves and it wasn't a surprise to see them disappear. I see a different look here, so many storms that want to tap the gulf and get going. About 3-4 in 10 days on the 00z. You can't jump ship due to one run of the Op but everyone does it and it astounds me every time. We have winter until March at least.

Euro not picture perfect and people start jumping? Just loop through the 00z and tell me why you don't think we'd pop a good low out of this at some point. This is a great pattern and the fantasy storms throughout the winter that never happened were usually alone and by themselves and it wasn't a surprise to see them disappear. I see a different look here, so many storms that want to tap the gulf and get going. About 3-4 in 10 days on the 00z. You can't jump ship due to one run of the Op but everyone does it and it astounds me every time. We have winter until March at least.

This and the disco that stormsfury posted on the previous page. It's one run...relax

I expect the EPS to still look pretty good.

I took a look at the individual GEFS members and their snowfall etc. There are all kinds of big storms, no storms, light storms. In other words, we can't even use the GEFS right now because it's members are all over the place.

This and the disco that stormsfury posted on the previous page. It's one run...relax

Thanks for the plug. Anyway, everyone just sit back right now. Of course, all winter long there hasn't been an accurate face value depiction of surface features mid and long range (and several short range debacles too). Plenty of time. the guidance appears like it's handling f2f tomorrow's system drastically different than what was showing most this week.

BAsically, sit back and relax, maybe xut back on the alcohol when viewing them, because the flip-flopping is dizzying enough.

As long the depictions are showing the "key ingredients" for next week, it's still in play so to speak, and we're waiting on the right cook (s-w or s-w's) to make the correct recipe.

I expect the EPS to still look pretty good. I took a look at the individual GEFS members and their snowfall etc. There are all kinds of big storms, no storms, light storms. In other words, we can't even use the GEFS right now because it's members are all over the place.

Shawn,

Good call! The 12Z EPS has not one but two sig. storms:

- Miller A 2/25-6

- very wet CAD 2/28-3/1

Archived