Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Med Range Discussion days 3-10 pbp II

buckeyefan1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last Mondays storm says Hello!

Went to supression worries , before going up to a WV low, ended up in the middle at the end.

Yep, always take suppression over jackpot at this point.  A.l.w.a.y.s.

Actually if we were basing it off Monday we'd be taking a cutter to trend towards a suppressed solution. haha.

WPC gives us some love for Wed morning though

3R8ObUm.gif

Amazing that anyone can be less excited about next week after 24 hrs lol. You have the GEFS that support a storm in Wed/Thu period and the eps has a few threats.

The GFS , GGEM and euro are all wave trains . Best shot we've had all year

Agree 100%.  I don't know what storm we're talking about above, anyway.  I know it's not the Saturday one.  Everything I looked at on the GFS looked suppressed for next week, which is exactly where we want it.

Yep, always take suppression over jackpot at this point.  A.l.w.a.y.s.

Certainly.  Though it's the GEFS ensembles in complete agreement with supression, the southern location of the strong high pressure, and the more southern location of the jet stream (especially for Tuesday system) that has me thinking too suppressed could be on the table.  Late next week I still think is a different ball game.  We'll see.  I hope the EURO finally wins out here. 

Edit to clarify, yeah...I'm referring more to the early week system. 

Certainly.  Though it's the GEFS ensembles in complete agreement with supression, the southern location of the strong high pressure, and the more southern location of the jet stream (especially for Tuesday system) that has me thinking too suppressed could be on the table.  Late next week I still think is a different ball game.  We'll see.  I hope the EURO finally wins out here. 

Edit to clarify, yeah...I'm referring more to the early week system. 

It definitely could end up being too suppressed.  I don't know what it is about the medium and LR that the models tend to overestimate cold and trough penetration.  But that seems to always be the case.  It may not end up working in our favor here, but I'll take my chances with a suppressed system at D4 + than one that's perfect or north of me.

Amazing that anyone can be less excited about next week after 24 hrs lol. You have the GEFS that support a storm in Wed/Thu period and the eps has a few threats.

The GFS , GGEM and euro are all wave trains . Best shot we've had all year

Agree met.  The details are murky about the timing and location of storms, but it's a pretty good pattern.  It's never going to be slam dunk easy down here 

GFS may be setting up better late week...let's see

The GFS and Euro are so different at 72-84 hours.  If you blended them with the GFS kicking out the SW low and the Euro digging the northern stream energy further SW at day 4 we might have something for a mid-week deal.  As of now, we are waiting on another SW low day 6 to evolve on the GFS>..

Archived