amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Winter Med Range Discussion days 3-10 pbp II

buckeyefan1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i always root for you down there in fl!  dont give up hope yet, we just need a 1899 redux!

I've been tooting 1899 every February since I can remember. Have you read Kocin on it? If not, PM me and I'll send you the PDF.

This year for a few runs it almost looked like a maybe 1899 redux. But so much for models and wishing.  lol  

Hope fades down here when March rolls in. And last night our NWS forecast of 18 came in at 24, so trends and climo say we're going up, and not going to get another shot this year.

But its damn fun rooting for ya'all!!!!

I've been tooting 1899 every February since I can remember. Have you read Kocin on it? If not, PM me and I'll send you the PDF.

This year for a few runs it almost looked like a maybe 1899 redux. But so much for models and wishing.  lol  

Hope fades down here when March rolls in. And last night our NWS forecast of 18 came in at 24, so trends and climo say we're going up, and not going to get another shot this year.

But its damn fun rooting for ya'all!!!!

You are a great sport! I often think about how frustrating it is in the upstate when it comes to winter weather but I imagine it must be downright exhausting in Florida, even in the Northern part. Thanks for all your positive contributions to the board!

GFS appears to be following the pattern of dumping the cold in the west (trough builds down to Mexico) and raising heights in the east. Euro's 12Z run did this and by hour 240, the SE was on fire at 850. I would expect more runs like this. We may see the ice threat diminish as we go through time. There is no snow threat what so ever in the Atlanta areas as modeled by the GFS 0z run.

We need the ridge further east later in the week w/ all that energy.

Fully agree.  It's so far out there in time, so who knows how it will evolve...and it seems like the models always struggle with how they handle the west coast features.  This sfc high coming down late week has been consistently modeled.

GFS appears to be following the pattern of dumping the cold in the west (trough builds down to Mexico) and raising heights in the east. Euro's 12Z run did this and by hour 240, the SE was on fire at 850. I would expect more runs like this. We may see the ice threat diminish as we go through time. There is no snow threat what so ever in the Atlanta areas as modeled by the GFS 0z run.

Sounds awesome

I know we have time, and I know the pattern is supposed to be good, but still don't see any good specifics showing up on the models yet. Not feeling this one as of right now. Need to start seeing something on the models.  Right now it just sounds like good potential, but no results.

:yikes:

GGEM has a nice storm for Ga., SC, and NC on Friday.

Edit:  A real nice storm for the eastern half of NC.

I really like the timing on the GGEM and hope that is a trend on other models.  I'd much rather see this Friday than late Saturday.

And there you go, something specific showing up on the models. I know it is still a ways out, and things can change, but I just feel better about the chance when the models actually have good results.

Archived