• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ISeekSnow
    Newest Member
    ISeekSnow
Baroclinic Zone

January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Partly sunny, 42 degrees.  Gonna be a great day and...huh? ::looks around:: Oops, sorry. Wrong forum. :whistle:

Seriously, good luck up there in my home state of Massachusetts! Wish I was there to enjoy the snow, but I'll be keeping an eye on it from down here in NC. :snowing:

GO PATRIOTS!!!

- Paul

Will be reporting in from R.I. South coast. I am at about 60 ft. elevation looking directly over salt pond to Atlantic. ( no flooding issues for me) Weather station another 20 ft. up on roof. Wind from almost due North 10-12, gust to 18 last hour. Generater ready to go. Will walk the two retrievers to beach later today ( but no swimming today so staying on leashes). Very interested to see how high winds get.

Will be reporting in from R.I. South coast. I am at about 60 ft. elevation looking directly over salt pond to Atlantic. ( no flooding issues for me) Weather station another 20 ft. up on roof. Wind from almost due North 10-12, gust to 18 last hour. Generater ready to go. Will walk the two retrievers to beach later today ( but no swimming today so staying on leashes). Very interested to see how high winds get.

what town

I am in Westerly, RI (pretty close to downtown) at 72 feet, about 3.5 miles as the crow flies from the Atlantic. I have my weather station mounted on top of my roof (26 feet) above my elevation of 72 feet. Currently 18 degrees with 61% humidity and the first flakes are now falling albeit very lightly. Average wind speed is 12mph, gusting to 19mph. Expecting around 18" here with winds gusting around 60 or so. Should be awesome. I'll keep you guys updated.

Down in Mystic CT for the morning for work, snowing nicely here.

Getting on the road to head north at 11, my dad was stuck on Rt. 95 in Pawtucket for 3 days during the Blizzard of '78, I don't want to repeat that!