• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Forecast/storm discussions and part II Manitoba Mauler

Damage In Tolland

I love the east vs. west....north vs south...NE vs. SW...etc battles that go on in here during these storms while jockeying for jackpots and hardest impacts.

Today is toss the model day, If it does not show your max BY total toss it, I look at all of then and i end up with the same 1.25-1.50"+....................... :lol:

NYC is getting pretty lucky with that narrow band of snow.  That may save them if some of the eastern solutions are correct.  It looks like just north and south of the city hasn't gotten much of anything though.

That is accurate

but I would argue that it was modeled pretty well as a meso feature like that could be on 0z and 12z hi res nam....and it just sort of slowly expands until and they pound till like midnite and then the deform develops on top of them from like 1am to 8am ....which is obviously up in the air.

Rad returns in the MA and S of LI have abruptly begun a west drift if not movement, and I'd argue that the 700 and 500 mb sfc are in processes of closing at this time.  They will only deepen going forward. 

meanwhile, heavy band approaching the Cape and SE

Rad returns in the MA and S of LI have abruptly begun a west drift if not movement, and I'd argue that the 700 and 500 mb sfc are in processes of closing at this time.  They will only deepen going forward. 

I really think all the major mets will bust low with the Cape. Already approaching 2 inches.

Even the GFS pulls the band west, the problem is the western edge stays weaker. It all hangs in  how much juice gets sucked into it.

My father-in-law is alone in Dennis. Couldn't get him to leave and come up and stay with us, he's over 80. Hope you both don't lose power.....

Having grown up on the Cape, I can almost say with a certainty that most of the Cape will be without power come the AM. 12-18 inches of heavy wet paste + 70mph gusts is not a good recipe.

Even the GFS pulls the band west, the problem is the western edge stays weaker. It all hangs in  how much juice gets sucked into it.

I have a hunch ... these cut-off histrionic historical hysteria storms... when the cut off, that gives a solid 12 hours for bands to move farther SW than modeled.  Tends to happen.  We'll see...