• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Forecast/storm discussions and part II Manitoba Mauler

Damage In Tolland

lol some of us just will, stay up and watch this debacle back this way. You know over the past couple days I would get annoyed with your analysis but I have to hand it to you. You nailed this system with the eastern capture two days ago and that this was really just a ene event. Well done man, for real.

Appreciated but like I said aside of Kevin/Steve/Will's death band....it was mainly macro.  I still cannot really see why it failed or why it's done this a couple of times now.  DT says it's the 50/50 being over modeled, Ocean had the good find on the digging s/w.....who knows?  It never had these issues before the upgrade. 

This is the my March 2014 heart break that will change a lot of people going forward when the Euro stands alone on the sw/slow edge of guidance (until they fix).

FWIW, I may blow this yet.  I really don't buy the widespread nature of the Euro totals overnight, nor it's all day snows tomorrow and I stand to get croaked the most by OES.   I may be wrong as this issue may dampen in a mature storm setting.

BUT, I see the w/v and radar down to the s/w and clearly we're seeing something take place as the "support" seems to be going over the top of that band (note it's building behind it to the east now)....

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?product=N0R&rid=okx&loop=yes

I am guessing about another 8-12" here.  Snow winds down by 11 or 12.

This is an utter failure in GC.  I don't know if we'll achieve advisory level snow.  At least its  breezy so the couple inches that came down can blow around a little.  If it weren't so funny to bust so drastically, I'd really be bummed.  I'll probably get more Thursday night/Friday than I get from this.

This winter has diminished to a D- at this point out here.  Sucky, sucky, sucky.  When can I open the pool?

Man OKX is getting slaughtered on social media. ALY is having just as big a busy but luckily not many care about that area haha.

Going to be an ugly go of it for forecasters from Philly to even here.  About 8 inches here guestimating but major major bust...NWS was going 20-30 last evening.  Euro/NAM FTL-for once it didnt work out.  On the plus side, kids go back to school tomorrow.

This is a case where it was too much modelology instead of "looking out the window" last night so forecasters held on too long for the areas that busted..

I was worried going to bed last night, the radar returns hitting a wall as they headed up here were tell-tale of a bust.  Mets and others saying not to worry since it's really not going to be firing up until 06z gave me hope.  

At least I can now make it from Thanksgiving until probably February without using my snowblower. 

This is an utter failure in GC. I don't know if we'll achieve advisory level snow. At least its breezy so the couple inches that came down can blow around a little. If it weren't so funny to bust so drastically, I'd really be bummed. I'll probably get more Thursday night/Friday than I get from this.

This winter has diminished to a D- at this point out here. Sucky, sucky, sucky. When can I open the pool?

Violently agree.

I was worried going to bed last night, the radar returns hitting a wall as they headed up here were tell-tale of a bust.  Mets and others saying not to worry since it's really not going to be firing up until 06z gave me hope.  

At least I can now make it from Thanksgiving until probably February without using my snowblower. 

Yeah I am sorry it didn't work out for you down there.

Yeah I am sorry it didn't work out for you down there.

It is what it is.

FWIW, BOX has updated it's snowfall forecast map for what is likely the last time.  I don't know what they're thinking with the amounts they're showing out here.  My ZFP is also calling for 12-16".  A quick look out the window and at the radar makes me shake my head.

Going to be an ugly go of it for forecasters from Philly to even here.  About 8 inches here guestimating but major major bust...NWS was going 20-30 last evening.  Euro/NAM FTL-for once it didnt work out.  On the plus side, kids go back to school tomorrow.

I'm surprised there's a travel ban for half a foot of snow down this way. And no trains. NYC schools even closed today which is insane, but with MTA service suspended as a precaution, they have no choice. Hey at least the SI ferry is back in operation!

Oh yeah NYC snow lovers are a tough crowd when it goes wrong.

in defense , there were some posters that knew something wasnt right and wondered what okx was seeing that they werent....despite all their epic events over the past few years i feel bad for them....it really sucks and were talking a huge area from albany to ttn and phl to hfd/spfd up to greenfield that was promised warning to crippling snowfall amounts

in defense , there were some posters that knew something wasnt right and wondered what okx was seeing that they werent....despite all their epic events over the past few years i feel bad for them....it really sucks and were talking a huge area from albany to ttn and phl to hfd/spfd up to greenfield that was promised warning to crippling snowfall amounts

Yeah, kind of unfair, the radio DJ's are having a field day taking calls from people berating the weathermen. Same reactions on FB.

I think one of the reasons totals are reduced out here is poor snow growth not just qpf issues. Baking powder, I just shoveled and it's surprisingly heavy.

How much did you measure, Chris? 

It's predominately qpf, though.  That said, we're now hiavng the best snow of the storm--at least since 5:00a.m.  If it keeps up a while this could get us over the hump to reach advisory level.