• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
1/5-1/6 clipper system

Thundersnow12

This system isn't actually an Alberta clipper. The wave never even enters Canada. For these reasons I would caution using expectations for a typical clipper in this case.

For simplicity, we just tend to label most NW flow systems as clippers.

But I understand your point...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This system isn't actually an Alberta clipper. The wave never even enters Canada. For these reasons I would caution using expectations for a typical clipper in this case.

It's not even a Manitoba Mauler? Irregardless, I'm going out on a limb and saying it will end up different then is currently modeled even within 36 hours.

Isn't the upper level wave that comes into British Columbia later today responsible for our system?

I'd still rather be a bit north to allow some wiggle room but yeah, looking pretty good.  First call 4-6"  :yikes:

:yikes:

I'm liking 2-4" for LAF...FWA 3-5" and IND 1-3". Would rather be north of here for this one, with the inevitable last minute north shift...which seems to be the bread and butter of clippers/NW impulses.

For simplicity, we just tend to label most NW flow systems as clippers.

But I understand your point...

I'm not going far enough to say it won't act similarly, especially since the downstream flow is typical of an Alberta clipper. Just wanted to bring up a different perspective. I also think the further south origin is a significant contributing factor to the higher moisture and potential for warning criteria snows with the system. Will be fun to monitor.

:yikes:

I'm liking 2-4"...FWA 3-5" and IND 1-3". Would rather be north of here for this one, with the inevitable last minute shift.

Honestly for every one of these that shifted north at the last minute, I can think of about 5 that didn't or even ticked south.  We can't take a northward shift obviously, especially on the NAM.

Honestly for every one of these that shifted north at the last minute, I can think of about 5 that didn't or even ticked south.  We can't take a northward shift obviously, especially on the NAM.

I don't recall many that shifted south. Most of them that did well here locally had a late north jog in my recollection (2/6/07 being the prime example). Either way, not much wiggle room for us as it stands...but feeling good about getting something measurable with this system.

I don't recall many that shifted south. Most of them that did well here locally had a late north jog in my recollection (2/6/07 being the prime example). Either way, not much wiggle room for us as it stands...but feeling good about getting something measurable with this system.

Well, I guess it could be that there was a last minute northward shift but not enough to screw us so I didn't perceive it as a shift.  I don't recall that happening many times, though one of those back in 2004 or 2005 is a prime example.

Archived