joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/5-1/6 clipper system

Thundersnow12

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0z NAM through 42 looks a bit stronger out west. And looks like it might be going north...

Seems like it might kinda end up similar to 18z but we'll see.

BTW, should get some good RAOB sampling of this wave for the 00z runs tomorrow night and especially the 12z Monday runs.

Decent enough. Also depends on one's perspective or location...like mine. ;)  :lol: Even then, look at places like MSP, MKE, and GRB this run compared to the 12z edition.

12z NAM

attachicon.gif12z nam.gif

0z NAM

attachicon.gif0z nam.gif

Definitely more generous with snow farther north, but that's maybe a 30 mile shift north in placement of the southern edge.  Has big implications for anyone near the edge but not that big of a shift distance wise.

Definitely more generous with snow farther north, but that's maybe a 30 mile shift north in placement of the southern edge.  Has big implications for anyone near the edge but not that big of a shift distance wise.

Admire the optimism, but man we were on the far southern reaches on the 12z run. 30 miles north, like this run, gets us 14 flakes and overcast. :D Eh, we'll see what happens I guess.

Admire the optimism, but man we were on the far southern reaches on the 12z run. 30 miles north, like this run, gets us 14 flakes and overcast. :D Eh, we'll see what happens I guess.

You know me, optimistic by default.  No doubt I'd rather be farther north...

Yea...can't put any lipstick on this pig of a run for us on the southern flank. Only hope is that the 48+hr nam is being the 48+hr nam.

Would this be a situation where the nam might actually do a decent job?

This is a setup where the NAM should actually do pretty well. Like T'Snow said, WAA might be overdone and a little too north, but overall we're in a good spot. Not the best spot, but still pretty good. I guess one potential negative might be how damn cold it's going to be. Difficult to get decent sized flakes when temps are below 0. We'll be adding to the snowpack regardless of where this thing goes.

How much snow did you get last weekend out there?

Archived