northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
January Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man I come home everyday thinking I'll see where the super bowl storm has moved in our favor for a nice snowstorm, but it just ain't happening.  I've held out thinking we would get a shift in the storm and cold in place waiting for it but it just is not going to do it I guess it would have by now.   This is terrible.   :cry:

November was cold. December was a torch. January is only slightly below average.

The only reason January is slightly below average is because of the Arctic attack around the 9th and 8th.

I'm -3 for November. +5 for December. +3 for January. So its been a warm winter in my book.

#skewing.

I said it would take till Friday before thary removed snow for Sunday/Sunday night That they were showing all week. Darn I was off by a day....

.SUNDAY...CLOUDY WITH A 50 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN. HIGHS IN THE

MID 40S.

.SUNDAY NIGHT...RAIN LIKELY. LOWS IN THE MID 30S. CHANCE OF RAIN

70 PERCENT.

.MONDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH RAIN LIKELY WITH A CHANCE OF SNOW IN

THE MORNING...THEN PARTLY SUNNY WITH A CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE

AFTERNOON. HIGHS AROUND 40. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 70 PERCENT.

Don't know about you but I'm about ready for my 133 % of snow JB was showing. I'll gladly take it in February .

Yep, I've waited long enough!!!   We just can't catch a break this winter.  Cold, warm up rain. turn cold, warm up rain etc..................

I know what you mean. The last couple February's have been real cold . This one is supposed to be the same but we need the snow to go along with it . I know I would take a repeat of last February 12-13 in a heartbeat. What a storm that was.

SE ridge with +AO/NAO/EPO equals no cold air. Even with a 1036 hp over the lakes with SLP tracking to our SE off the coast. Is there really any doubt about the snow prospects for remainder of the year.

It's looking that way.  It's frustrating to have gulf lows take a great track for NC snowstorms and get nothing.  Next year we'll have cold but won't be able to get the track for our area... :yikes:

It's looking that way.  It's frustrating to have gulf lows take a great track for NC snowstorms and get nothing.  Next year we'll have cold but won't be able to get the track for our area... :yikes:

Gosh, I hope it's not cold. I want a raging Nina, with a -PDO, SE ridge of death, dry and warm all winter. We will turn back snowy in 2017 or 2018. A few more years to go.

Gosh, I hope it's not cold. I want a raging Nina, with a -PDO, SE ridge of death, dry and warm all winter. We will turn back snowy in 2017 or 2018. A few more years to go.

Ah, the good ole reverse psychology.  Good idea!..........................J/K

I'm ready for some warm weather now.  I've taken as much potential as I can.  After next week I'll be ready.  Like you, I intend to be putting out pre-emergent in a couple of weeks.

It's only 10 days out. We're getting -AO and +PNA in 360 hours. Winter cancel. Give me warm rain. I hate cold rain. 18Z GFS kills us at 240. The Doc has a cutoff in 12 days, all we need is cold. CPC has us torched .... CPC has us vodka cold. MJO is in COD but going to 8. Screw the OP, only the ensemble can be trusted. I think everything was good except AO and NAO. The models have lost the storm. We would be looking at March to save us .....

Who else get's this award for winter 2014 - 15?

post-180-0-46749100-1422571788_thumb.gif

I've already awarded it to myself privately!

Ah yes.....February....my annual bridge between the harsh realities of frozen ground, icy windows and long dark nights, and the budding of new life, bright sunshine and warmer breezes. Embrace the increasing sun angle and longer evenings. Forget about crappy weather models and crack open your favorite boater magazine and dream of the warm waters and rolling waves. Prep the fishing and golf gear. Tee times are only 4 weeks away. Tune up the mowers and get in that early mulching.

I like February. I like it better with snow. But since I have completely given up on this God foresaken winter, February has a new meaning for me this year. Bring on the heat baby!!

It's only 10 days out. We're getting -AO and +PNA in 360 hours. Winter cancel. Give me warm rain. I hate cold rain. 18Z GFS kills us at 240. The Doc has a cutoff in 12 days, all we need is cold. CPC has us torched .... CPC has us vodka cold. MJO is in COD but going to 8. Screw the OP, only the ensemble can be trusted. I think everything was good except AO and NAO. The models have lost the storm. We would be looking at March to save us .....

Who else get's this award for winter 2014 - 15?

I've already awarded it to myself privately!

I am going to go with the " the models have not started sampling the energy yet so I will wait till then to give up"

Well, I bought a new car today so I'm game to drive anywhere within 1,500 miles to see snow in the next week. Any snow chances in the northeast or midwest ?

I would head to NoVA on Saturday. Stay in Reston at the Hyatt, located at Reston Town Center. Plenty of cool shops/bars/restaurants to catch the Super Bowl and enjoy the snow. I have seen more snow there then here over the past few years when on business travel.

I would head to NoVA on Saturday. Stay in Reston at the Hyatt, located at Reston Town Center. Plenty of cool shops/bars/restaurants to catch the Super Bowl and enjoy the snow. I have seen more snow there then here over the past few years when on business travel.

So you're thinking NoVA has a better shot than Cincy. I've been gone all day and haven't followed the latest models. I just want to see a lot of snow. This is my only vacation for a long, long time and I want to make the most of it.

How's the 2015 weiner mobile handle?

lol. In all seriousness, this was the first car I've ever bought and I was terrified. Now that I have a new car I'm ready to go. I don't care how far I have to drive. I want SNOW and lots of it. I will even drive to Colorado if I have to. This would be a great opportunity to go on a cross country road trip. I've always wanted to go on a cross country trip. So if there's any snow out west I would definitely be up for going out west.

So you're thinking NoVA has a better shot than Cincy. I've been gone all day and haven't followed the latest models. I just want to see a lot of snow. This is my only vacation for a long, long time and I want to make the most of it.

At this point, but we won't know the heaviest snow until Saturday. Cinci would be good too.

lol. In all seriousness, this was the first car I've ever bought and I was terrified. Now that I have a new car I'm ready to go. I don't care how far I have to drive. I want SNOW and lots of it. I will even drive to Colorado if I have to. This would be a great opportunity to go on a cross country road trip. I've always wanted to go on a cross country trip. So if there's any snow out west I would definitely be up for going out west.

Do you work or go to school or something?

Archived