• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
January Banter

mackerel_sky

So you were calling him/her a dummy with no common sense....nice way to welcome someone that works in the field of Meteorology for stating a fact in the discussion thread.

That you are subscribed to? So.....no...you don't read everything. #knowledgeispower

It's obvious you have issues and please tell me who has been run off? 1300m?

You need to take a step back and decide how you can become a better poster in the se forum or don't post at all.  

First, how certain are you that they were in the meteorology field? Have they been back? And no, I didn't say that until AFTER the fact, and i was also careful to say that that comment wasn't necessarily directed toward him. Please go back and read that again.

I am subscribed to all the major threads, so yes, I read everything that's important. How would you know what I read or what I need to read?

You figure out who is not posting.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, it wouldn't. It's the same thing EVERY YEAR. I could literally list how each poster is going to act given a certain situation. Everyone has their own posting personality. Of course more voices now means more clashing of posting personalities and yea, makes me just avoid the forum in my instance.

Anyway, Cold Rain, Tin Cup made a 12 on that par 5, not a 13. As for any weather systems, I have a golf tourney on the 7th so I'm going to need things to delay on their arrival til the 8th. Now back to your regular scheduled banter

Lol, my bad! I have been meaning to go back and watch that one again but haven't had time. You're exactly right though. Years down the road, nobody will remember who won the Open. But they'll remember the 12. Everyone except Cold Rain, apparently. :(

Lol, my bad! I have been meaning to go back and watch that one again but haven't had time. You're exactly right though. Years down the road, nobody will remember who won the Open. But they'll remember the 12. Everyone except Cold Rain, apparently. :(

Was on the Golf Channel two nights ago, watched it while doing some putting in the hotel room lol. Need to hit the driving range at least on a before next Saturday but in Indiana for work and so far none are open where I'm at. Dang frozen ground!

Man snow withdrawals are horrible

Lol no joke and there is sign of Hope in sight looking at the LR. The mid week system( which the GEFS kinda supports and is colder than the OP) is all timing so that won't work. Then the GFS places the western ridge too far to the east to do anyone any good . Then the GGEM has backed off its arctic blast . It tries for the same solution for next weekend that the GFS had yesterday at 12z but fails.

First, how certain are you that they were in the meteorology field? Have they been back? And no, I didn't say that until AFTER the fact, and i was also careful to say that that comment wasn't necessarily directed toward him. Please go back and read that again.

I am subscribed to all the major threads, so yes, I read everything that's important. How would you know what I read or what I need to read?

You figure out who is not posting.

First........I'm certain and your "opinion" was posted not long after it was moved to banter, so try again. Everyone understood the context of your post so you might want to keep your "opinions" to yourself until you have a properly educated response.

Second......you said you read everything then said you mostly read email

Third.......I see you can't provide a name

I'm done with this conversation. If you have anything further to say, please feel free to PM me (and others) so we can discuss this further. Have a good day

Was on the Golf Channel two nights ago, watched it while doing some putting in the hotel room lol. Need to hit the driving range at least on a before next Saturday but in Indiana for work and so far none are open where I'm at. Dang frozen ground!

They won't let you hit off the mats? I hate hitting off the mats, but if it's the only option, I'll do it. I played all of 4 times last year. Hopefully, I can get at it a little more this year.

They won't let you hit off the mats? I hate hitting off the mats, but if it's the only option, I'll do it. I played all of 4 times last year. Hopefully, I can get at it a little more this year.

There just aren't any open where I'm at in Terre Haute, hoping there is a heated range or indoor one when I move down to Bloomington in a few days, if not I'll try and find one on my way home next Friday. I only played like 3 times last year, so my goal this year is at least one round or 2 hr+ range session a week. So it can snow the next two months whenever I don't have a round or tourney I'm playing in planned haha. Although I have played in a raging flizzard before back in my high school golf team days (was not fun, flags were almost blowing out of the hole and I still had 3 holes to play).

There just aren't any open where I'm at in Terre Haute, hoping there is a heated range or indoor one when I move down to Bloomington in a few days, if not I'll try and find one on my way home next Friday. I only played like 3 times last year, so my goal this year is at least one round or 2 hr+ range session a week. So it can snow the next two months whenever I don't have a round or tourney I'm playing in planned haha. Although I have played in a raging flizzard before back in my high school golf team days (was not fun, flags were almost blowing out of the hole and I still had 3 holes to play).

I've played in the pouring rain before. If it's in the summer, that's kind of fun actually. But never played when it was snowing. Cold and windy on the golf course isn't a lot of fun. I like it cloudy and about 65. That's perfect golf weather to me!

Well unfortunately winter has been very crappy to us NGA folks. Not even a flurry to be seen and I live in Dawsonville. I know I'm not a huge poster and mean very little to the awesome forum. But I've decided to take a break and be social, maybe take a girl out, and spend some time with my family. Thanks to burger, Larry, Chris and cr. yalls pbp makes this site awesome. I guarantee you my leave will spark a snow for you guys. GUARANTEE. thanks for everything. NGA

Good Mods are like good referees or umpires in a ball game. They are doing the best job and things are running the best when nobody knows they are there. We have had repeated arguments this season. The biggest reason for this is a lack of storms to track. The other reason is that the mods are attacking and gang tackling as much as anyone else! Last week, they turned on Webber! one of the sharpest tools in the SE shed! Brick is a constant whipping boy. Folks are constantly referencing history as an excuse for that. If history serves me, we were at one time hyping and promoting Brick as a weenie of the year candidate. Now, we are going to attack him about the past, that was largely hyped and promoted on this forum. As others have stated, Bricks posts this year have been much more pointed to weather discussions. Today I get on here and Dacula and Rawlee are under the gun. This is ridiculous. Look, folks can flame me, attack me, ban me. I don't care. I am just stating my opinions based on my observations and past history of following this forum over the years. The actions of the mods this year have done more to promote and incite turmoil than to calm and settle it.

I've played in the pouring rain before. If it's in the summer, that's kind of fun actually. But never played when it was snowing. Cold and windy on the golf course isn't a lot of fun. I like it cloudy and about 65. That's perfect golf weather to me!

It was so cold one day on the course my teeball split in half.

Good Mods are like good referees or umpires in a ball game. They are doing the best job and things are running the best when nobody knows they are there. We have had repeated arguments this season. The biggest reason for this is a lack of storms to track. The other reason is that the mods are attacking and gang tackling as much as anyone else! Last week, they turned on Webber! one of the sharpest tools in the SE shed! Brick is a constant whipping boy. Folks are constantly referencing history as an excuse for that. If history serves me, we were at one time hyping and promoting Brick as a weenie of the year candidate. Now, we are going to attack him about the past, that was largely hyped and promoted on this forum. As others have stated, Bricks posts this year have been much more pointed to weather discussions. Today I get on here and Dacula and Rawlee are under the gun. This is ridiculous. Look, folks can flame me, attack me, ban me. I don't care. I am just stating my opinions based on my observations and past history of following this forum over the years. The actions of the mods this year have done more to promote and incite turmoil than to calm and settle it.

You do realize that being the weenie of the year is a bad thing right?  Wow....smh.... :facepalm:

The environment in this sub-forum is night and day from two years ago. Back then, pretty much everyone was respectful and discussion was encouraged. People posted more freely and most everyone was welcomed to the board.

That is not so much the case anymore. It reminds me of the mid-Atlantic forum from the easternwx days. Even that sub-forum seems to be more tame than the SE sub-forum now.

I agree with this. I don't know what it is about this year that is causing people to bicker so much but it has gotten beyond old at this point. To me people are taking stuff way too seriously in general, and really that includes everyone. It's like everyone's sarcasm meter and sense of humor monitors have been fried.

This is so true......even back on Eastern way before sub forums where every region had a thread and the SE threads actually had banter and discussions in the same thread without everyone fighting or moaning....

I don't think it's gotten that bad just yet. Folks forget that they don't see everything people post because they are deleted before they see them. Trust me, we had our problems back then. Sadly though, I do think we are heading in the wrong direction of late.

We just need some snow. All this would be gone.

I certainly believe some of that is the case. It doesn't explain everything but there is no question people are less bitchy and irritable when we actually get something.

I love the mats, they are much more forgiving for people that suck! I hate when the green stuff sticks to your club head !

Archived