gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
January Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people need to go back and read......brick was called out for whining about NOT BEING ABLE TO START A THREAD ON ANOTHER BOARD. He then (in brick fashion) tried to turn it around and continue to whine. Then we have those that AGAIN want to complain about it being confusing in the medium range thread.....seriously? Get over it already <_<

btw.......you should know better than to ask why when it comes to weenies :P:yikes::ph34r:

Who are (those)?

I'd be willing to bet that if Brick didn't go into a pattern thread or a discussion thread and just reiterate what somebody else just said over and over and over, he wouldn't get nearly as much flack as he does.

I haven't done that nearly as much as you make it out. I have been keeping that in banter. And I know I don't know how the models look, but should I be kept from commenting on things? Is there not room here just for basic comments and discussion without knowing how to read the models and all the science that goes into weather?

I haven't done that nearly as much as you make it out. I have been keeping that in banter. And I know I don't know how the models look, but should I be kept from commenting on things? Is there not room here just for basic comments and discussion without knowing how to read the models and all the science that goes into weather?

You should feel free to comment in banter all you want about what's going on in the model thread, sure.

I don't come here a lot, but from a brief outsiders perspective...

It seems like when Brick, et al post something in a discussion thread that's off topic, etc, the reaction is: http://25.media.tumblr.com/bfa74ecd32c5f8f2d93a5874c82caeef/tumblr_meug99vq571r4fmy8o1_500.jpg

When Cold Rain or someone in the "clique" does though: http://makeameme.org/media/created/CRICKETS-CRICKETS-EVERYWHERE.jpg

Selective moderation and what not, just sayin'

It seems like when Brick, et al post something in a discussion thread that's off topic, etc, the reaction is: http://25.media.tumblr.com/bfa74ecd32c5f8f2d93a5874c82caeef/tumblr_meug99vq571r4fmy8o1_500.jpg

When Cold Rain or someone in the "clique" does though: http://makeameme.org/media/created/CRICKETS-CRICKETS-EVERYWHERE.jpg

How's it going, man?

None of us banter up the pattern thread, really. It's been such a slow winter, the mods have tolerated some of it though. There's probably some historical context that goes into all of this.

From my perspective, not that it's right or that it matters, but Brick has done mostly better this year.

So...did you take the time to review the past few pages of content(or from any time period really) from both brick and this clique you are referencing to gather your opinion?  Just sayin........

How's it going, man?

None of us banter up the pattern thread, really. It's been such a slow winter, the mods have tolerated some of it though. There's probably some historical context that goes into all of this.

From my perspective, not that it's right or that it matters, but Brick has done mostly better this year.

Brick is like the blue cheese of the SE forums.

Maybe from now on, everybody should just post what they want and where they want and start as many threads as they want with nobody else complaining about any of it. That would solve everything, wouldn't it? We can self moderate and Buckeye, Burns, and Lookout could take some time off. Should make it easy to find out information about the weather.

So...did you take the time to review the past few pages of content(or from any time period really) from both brick and this clique you are referencing to gather your opinion?  Just sayin........

The last time I read extensively here, the same thing going on today was going on. And yes, I read the pages, seems standard for this board. People gang tackling Brick, mods included. If things were even steven around here I highly doubt that ISOP or whatever would get away with what he does. Again, just sayin'...it's your board and "rules"

And CR, I didn't mean to single you out, I like you generally and enjoy your posts. One of my first moments on here was you calling that big dog several years ago.

I come here a lot and read everything. I have the same opinion he does. 

You seem to have a lot of opinions and you do know that you are not being held here against your will right?

The fact remains that if you are here for nothing more than to troll, you will be called out. If you are here to do nothing more than to promote another website you will be called out. If you are NOT here in good faith YOU WILL BE CALLED OUT. If you think Brick isn't getting any special treatment or hasn't been given enough chances.......why don't you go ask others that have done the same thing.....ooops....that's right.....they have been BANNED......just sayin' 

The last time I read extensively here, the same thing going on today was going on. And yes, I read the pages, seems standard for this board. People gang tackling Brick, mods included. If things were even steven around here I highly doubt that ISOP or whatever would get away with what he does. Again, just sayin'...it's your board and "rules"

And CR, I didn't mean to single you out, I like you generally and enjoy your posts. One of my first moments on here was you calling that big dog several years ago.

It's all good, man. I've been part of the problem with commenting banter in the pattern threads. I think one of the big differences has been with Brick is that you go in the pattern thread and sure, you're going to see a little banter, but you'll see posts like, "if it's not going to snow, then I wish it would be warm." How many times does that have to be repeated in a pattern thread? He's cut that back some this year. But that really does get maddening after a while.

Maybe from now on, everybody should just post what they want and where they want and start as many threads as they want with nobody else complaining about any of it. That would solve everything, wouldn't it? We can self moderate and Buckeye, Burns, and Lookout could take some time off. Should make it easy to find out information about the weather.

I know right?!  Gawd forbid there is any structure or etiquette here.......ugh 

Brick thinks he's Nastradumass, because he started a thread last year 14 days out and it hit!

If you start every thread, your gonna hit one??!

No, I just don't see why it is bad to start a thread for a specific week for a couple of threats that showed up. I started that one 10 days before the start of that week last Feb and 14 days later during that week we got a good snow storm. Even if it didn't work out, I still don't see a big deal for starting a thread if there is potential. Read that thread and see all the back and forth with the models and how people threw in the towel, and then see the end result. It is a good case of how the models can go back and forth a lot and in the end you can end up with sonething good. But if it didn't happen, so what? It still would not have been a big deal and the end of the world to have a thread for it

I went back and read several pages and never saw anything about another board.  Can you show me please?  Thanks!

See above

The point is......it should have never been brought here to begin with....keep what happens over there where it belongs. I said to keep the whining over there where it belongs.......Brick then had to get a jab in.....and now here we are.....again...

See above

The point is......it should have never been brought here to begin with....keep what happens over there where it belongs. I said to keep the whining over there where it belongs.......Brick then had to get a jab in.....and now here we are.....again...

Thanks Buckeye.  I didn't know that was in reference to another board because it wasn't stated directly.  We need some snow!

Edit

Archived