e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you look through all the noise in the various models, and the run to run differences in where exactly the light vs ultra light bands set up, its pretty clear this thing has little chance of coming together for our latitude to get a good storm...still it could produce a few inches for some place. If GFS is more right, then the NW folks could see low warning criteria snow. The transition is tricky though, and I dont have much faith in new GFS. I expect the 12z Euro will shift the tight gradient further NE, and have only light amounts for most of MD and DE where it previously had heavy snow.

Harsh Ian is harsh

I don't get why it's such a big deal to question.. it's a largely automated map that equally weights a lot of crappy models. It's also not anyone's true forecast as far as I can tell.

I don't get why it's such a big deal to question.. it's a largely automated map that equally weights a lot of crappy models. It's also not anyone's true forecast as far as I can tell.

I think it's totally fine to question... but it depends on how you say it. LWX has some amazing mets with a very tough job that will affect all kinds of public decisions, but like any large organization, it won't be perfect, and once in a while I'll have questions too. I know you have a lot of respect for them too but questioning them in a snippy and confrontational way will come across as hostile to an outsider or relative newcomer who doesn't know you well.

Ers-wxman is a highly valuable contributor here and I want him to post and feel welcome... I don't want mets like him to ever be run off.

Gonna stop in Delaware to get some snacks and stuff...I'm gonna use this thread for any suggestions for me to buy

First thing is water...next?

that newer travel stop area in Delaware is great for snacks.  gas up, and go over the food place.  hang a right into the first store.  it has like 20-30 versions of Trail Mix and lots of other goodies.

the men's bathroom also has futuristic urinals.

I think it's totally fine to question... but it depends on how you say it. LWX has some amazing mets with a very tough job that will affect all kinds of public decisions, but like any large organization, it won't be perfect, and once in a while I'll have questions too. I know you have a lot of respect for them too but questioning them in a snippy and confrontational way will come across as hostile to an outsider or relative newcomer who doesn't know you well.

Ers-wxman is a highly valuable contributor here and I want him to post and feel welcome... I don't want mets like him to ever be run off.

I value his input as well. I hope he continues to contribute.

Lets see...GFS gives me about 1", NAM 2", CMC maybe 2-3, and Euro 10.5" . I will say the Euro has been pretty stable for 3 straight runs. Cant say that about the other models. Still a ways to go, but I dont buy the Euro numbers for here. If it shifts 50 miles I am 2-3. Interesting tracking if nothing else.

The one time when leaving near the bay may work out tomorrow night.

Lol! You have been a hot mess for the last 24 hours. Glad to see you're feeling a little better about the storm and in your back yard! I'm pulling for a blend of the GFS and Euro to give us 6 to 10 inches. BUT I would happy with 4.5 to 5 as well.

Archived