Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter 2014-15 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How are they doing on that other board?  Do they speak well of me?  After I was jettisoned, I made sure to ask the Goddess to deliver them a very special winter, snow wise!

*Hopes she was posthumously awarded the December snow contest prize there too!*

Ahh.....Country fan.

Not really...just thought it was fitting...heard it on a Superstation record commercial and it was etched in my consciousness.  I can assure you that I would not invest in the record / cassette / compact disc. 

We haven't had a lot of fantasy coastal bombs thus far but we're finally getting our fill. I'm not buying the gfs either though it seems out of sync with the other models right now.

If you think about it just a bit; there is very much an "if / then" component to your screename...perhaps the choice of it was done subconsciously...with a desired outcome very much in mind. 

As I scroll thru the potential clipper thread for wed.....seems like a miss ; ya never know can change but doubt it..so as a person who wants snow ..patience is key..my niece who is 5 said to me today ..uncle ..you said in winter it snows why is it raining ..today. Ugh ..breaks my heart ..she wants to build a snow man

.so far with the 3.2 inches this season she was lucky to be able to go sleding

Lol barely but did ..

Unbelievable how we can't get a snowstorm this winter. It's laughable now. Even our long range threat has disappeared. I'll give it to the end of the month, and if we don't see a moderate snowfall of over 3 inches (not too much to ask for), I'm throwing in the towel.

We're not getting any snow the rest of the  month. Mid February will be our window before we turn to spring

As I scroll thru the potential clipper thread for wed.....seems like a miss ; ya never know can change but doubt it..so as a person who wants snow ..patience is key..my niece who is 5 said to me today ..uncle ..you said in winter it snows why is it raining ..today. Ugh ..breaks my heart ..she wants to build a snow man

.so far with the 3.2 inches this season she was lucky to be able to go sleding

Lol barely but did ..

Hey, congrats. That's triple what I've seen here. Now if you'll excuse me  :cliff:

Jan 2002 had an area wide 3-5" event so even though it was a warm winter it beats this one if we can't get something more than an inch here and there. Same with Jan 2012. Theres still time but my patience is gone. If its not less than 72 hours I'm not interested

That winter was terrible. 60s and 70s in January. I only had 3 inches of snow that winter.

Yeah same here. If we're not going to get any snow anyway, I'd rather it be warm and enjoyable and not have the cold just to be followed by a rainstorm at 33 degrees

This is almost the worst case scenario. Pattern changes and storms in the offing that don't come to fruition, cold air, high heating bills, then freezing rain and flooding. Then back to cold and tracking storms 200 hours away

but because we love snow we get pulled back in every time. Its like crack

it's all relative and subjective - for me this is the worst winter I've ever had - less than 2" of observable snow, very cold temperatures transitioning to warmth as soon as precipitation is incoming - then back to bitter cold.

to me that is way worse than no snow and a January in the 50's and 60's.... 

the good thing is we only have about 6 more weeks of (potential) brutal cold ~ transient warmth - if we get a snow event in that time period, great, if not - there are far bigger things to worry about.

Funny how this January has sucked for both lovers of snow and lovers of warmth. I'm more bothered by the abundance of cold than the lack of snow. I hate cold.

If we happen to get another rain storm this month and not much more snow( though I believe we will)and it remains cold , it would look odd to see a Jan with 5" of precip, temps 4 degrees below normal and still less than 5" of snow...still time though.

This month has been awful because of the reasons stated; well below normal temperatures thus far but 95% of the well above normal precipitation has been rain, and now the freezing rain and flooding only add to that awful mix.

December at least was a lot warmer though it also had a lot of rain events and cloudy, chilly days so that mean wasn't perfect either. I agree at least winters like 01/02 were enjoyable because of the mild weather but not so much for the first half of met winter. There's no thaw in sight it should be consistently below normal so will the last third of this month turn things around; it should statistically but doesn't mean it will. 

Archived