Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter 2014-15 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never take a personal check!

Go back go back...I know what is causing you the high anxiety....your parents...they are always fighting they are fighting over you!

Now climb you son of a b*****, climb!

Brophy had a complete mental break down and was taken to The North Wing!

But Brophy's not smart enough to have a mental breakdown!

I love Mel Brooks.

I want Peace! A little pierce of Poland . .

I have to go with the History of the World as the best one...Roman Empire...the Inquisition...and The French Revolution...hilarious stuff.

Don't get saucy with me, Bernaise!

Harvey Korman....fantastic....Carol Burnett Show...Mel's movies...even in a little known 1979 flic called Americathon where they have a telethon to prevent the US from being repossessed after defauting on various debts...Korman plays the MC of the telethon...Monty Rushmore....

Harvey Korman....fantastic....Carol Burnett Show...Mel's movies...even in a little known 1979 flic called Americathon where they have a telethon to prevent the US from being repossessed after defauting on various debts...Korman plays the MC of the telethon...Monty Rushmore....

Sounds funny. Just looked it up.

Monty wants to die

<Creditor enters the stage on the last day of the telethon>

Here Monty...you did a terrific job...great show...does this make me a bad guy?

<Drops bag full of gold worth the amount the telethon came up short>

What's this?

It's $100,000! 

We did it we did it!

Get out of here!  <pushes assistant aside>  I did it!  I did it!  I saved America!

<Horns go off amidst the celebration>

Folks in a previous winter ..yeah tracking a 1-2 inch clipper yeah a garbage event ..but heck this season NYC has only 3.2 inches of snow ...so a 2 inch snow fall is over half of our season avg thus far lol ...

I have nothing against tracking it, my only problem is with unrealistic expectations. No model has shown the potential for more than a coating outside of a few fluke NAM runs which have since backed off. Posting the SREF mean at 60hrs isn't going to score you any credibility points.

i hope the clipper gives us nothing

Really the only thing that gave us a good snow was one run of the long range NAM. It's understandable that many of us are desperate for snow around here, but clinging to or believing the NAM of all things (especially the 18z run at the end of its range) is not the best way to go. NWS I'm sure is playing it safe after the ice incident yesterday. Everything else seems to support just an inch or two of snow, if that. I agree with you.....Quite honestly, if it's between an inch of snow again or nothing, I'd rather it gives us nothing. It's just a nuisance

The -EPO/-AO last January was much better for getting a high ratio of snow to total precipitation 

compared to the -EPO/+AO this January.

January 2015 so far.....total NYC precip ...3.59......total snow......2.0

January 2014..............total NYC precip ...2.79.....total snow......19.7

The AO is hugely important for significant January snowstorms in NYC. Since 1950, 14 of the 16 (88%) snowstorms that brought 6" or more commenced when the AO was negative.

What an amazingly boring last 11 months of weather...just simply the worst.  Think about all the writing & typing & debating that has been done over...(as Livia Soprano would say about life itself)..."a big nothin'"

What an amazingly boring last 11 months of weather...just simply the worst.  Think about all the writing & typing & debating that has been done over...(as Livia Soprano would say about life itself)..."a big nothin'"

And this is not to say that weather discussion is not,  in and of itself, compelling.  But like the lifetime student or individual who spends countless years at the University...ultimately, the time comes to apply all that knowledge to something concrete. 

I don't think the long range GFS will agree with you

Misinterpreted...I used the present tense...trying to convey my emotions about the weather up until the time at which the post in question was sent to the board...I cast no aspersions on any weather or climatic conditions yet to come. 

Misinterpreted...I used the present tense...trying to convey my emotions about the weather up until the time at which the post in question was sent to the board...I cast no aspersions on any weather or climatic conditions yet to come.

Oh no I know what you mean. I'm just expressing my frustrations with any model really being able to get a grasp on what will happen anyway. Long range GFS is always good to go to if I need a quick pick me up.....even though it can only be used as a forecasting tool if you expect the exact opposite of what it shows

Archived