joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2014-15 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my defense the guy that jumped in on me was wayyyy off, said the low was in PA at hr 36 and it was all the way back in Ohio lol... I won't ever do a PBP again lol

I wasn't directing that at you. Just past experience with the forum.

I still think we should have a banter thread specifically for each larger storm so the complaints and IMBY posts can stay out of the storm discussion thread. 

Yes they can, and quite spectacularly.

As you cleverly said, with some people it goes back to the discussion about the best model being the one that gives the most snow.

Snowfall 2014-15 Winter

Through January 31, 2014  / 6:00 PM

Islip: 30.6"

NWS Upton 23.1"

LaGuardia: 21.4"

Bridgeport: 19.6"

JFK: 17.5"

Newark: 16.6"

Central Park: 16.5"

The model thread is absolutely horrid right now! All of a sudden the NAM is gospel and NYC and LI are going to have a big rain storm. Come on people. Look at the meteorology not modelology. How did that do for us with the last storm? Watch the wind direction . It means absolutely everything.

agreed ..models are a tool mets should use in their overall forecast ..this forecast is from being sealed.. A slight change can make a huge difference..

if we get 10-15 more inches of snow for the season ..I'm referring to NYC ..than I'm OK with that every winter can't be 40 plus ...

Yeah give me normal snowfall and below normal temps and I'm happy....  also nam has temps dropping close to 10 degrees by 10 pm Monday...should be fun with all the slush around.

The model thread is absolutely horrid right now! All of a sudden the NAM is gospel and NYC and LI are going to have a big rain storm. Come on people. Look at the meteorology not modelology. How did that do for us with the last storm? Watch the wind direction . It means absolutely everything.

Unfortunately if the low makes it north of NYC's latitude, the wind will shift onshore. Most models have that happening now, not just the NAM. The RGEM is even more horrendous-that would probably leave you with nearly bare ground after the storm. The S/W strengthening and transient confluence make the warmer solutions pretty likely actually. :(

Glad I'm in Texas!! :thumbsup:

Archived